MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Grumpy
    ?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Adrian; Thank you

Matt; Would I be correct in assuming the Gew 98 is an older version of the K98? Looks in very fine shape. What sort of 3 or 5 shot group do you get with it? And thanks for your info on the gun shows.

no problem, and yes the Gewhre98 is an older version of the K98 the Gewhre means rifle and the Karbina is carbine they switch to it because its easier to wield and mine is actually a transissional Gew98 returnd to germany after the Great War and doble stamped for issue dates. also yes it dose very well in accuratcy. my brother and i went shooting at a locale range and shot bowling pins about a hundred yards out and i got it in the neck we also shot bowling balls which it busted up very well. also i dont know if you live in the states or not but the most ive paid for rounds was 7-8 dolars for a 15 round box with the 3 strip mags

Grumpy
    ?

Hay Matt, all I can say is sweet regarding your range info. Yes I live in SC. I've been looking to purchase a K98, usually advertised in American's 1st Freedom Mag.. Figured I'd question some people in the know regarding this weapon. Funds are low so I have a bit of time. (not to long I hope). I've been staying away from the gun shop, I always windup spending to much there. 7 or 8 bucks isn't bad about the same price as 5.56mm box of 20 when ya can find them. Good Day Matt.

no problem grumpy. if you go to a show theres usually some nice ones there and you dont get as ripped off as you might at a gun shop. i bought both my rifles, an 1899 Sweedish M96 mauser and the Gew98 mauser ($210 and $400), at the knob creek machine gun shoot

Great thread, I had to stop myself drooling haha.

Keep the pics coming.

-Darren

Grumpy
    ?

Just sitting here pondering what the 4 th means to me, family, frends and my country. To all the freedom loving people on here, there families have a safe weekend. Between the burgers and beer today say a prayor for those still in the field and there families. God be with you all.

Grumpy

i heard that the russian released a hole lot of Kar98ks to the public has anyone herd anything about this ?

Reg
    ?

Do you mean the russian capture K98's, they have been around the collecting scene a while now, and are distingusihed by electro-penciled numbers, re-worked parts etc... but they usually retain the waffenemp stamps.

Reg

i dont know if its those but i herd my uncle say that the russians just released some

My recently purchased K98!

I don't really know much about the rifle, so any info would be greatfully received.

The wood is in pretty poor condition, with lots of cracks and chips. I would like to clean it up, but I really wouldn't know where to start. Im frightened to death of ruining the rifle!

Woody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25