Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Landrø is a hunting/weapons store. 1000 NOK= Norwegian Kroner. About 160 $.
    Thankyou......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Here's my S/42 1937 K98 with Laminated stock. I was told when i bought it possible R/C? Howevr i don't think it is. No waffenampts on the stock anywhere, only a 'K' under rear of stock 12 infront of trigger guard and ser.962 same as receiver, is this very rare?(no waffen ampts)? Bolt is a mismatch but found the same $ stamp on the bolt as under the receiver. Does this indicate period repair or replacement? It's been used by a lefty at some stage, has some shrapnel chunks in it. It's bashed up pretty bad but still shoots fine, this rifle was definatley used alot.Took hrs n hrs with bore cleaner the crap just wouln't stop coming out! What i really want to know any info about is the star stamp plus the ~ under the star and on the barrel you can see the ~ inbetween the 2 WaA63's ? Also the half stamp that looks like top of a 2 or 0 with // ? And the rear sling mount, is that a post war add on? or period? No markings on it, loop appears to be made the same as front sling mount. Again any info would be appreciated Cheers, Tod.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Last edited by FUNKEL; 06-07-2012 at 10:37 AM.

?

Oh, i forgot to ask about any tips on how to get the Buttplate screws undone when they're so mashed up?

Interesting rifle, what does your signature mean?

?

Ok, i did find a faint Luftwaffe ''L'' and single waffenampt below it. Now on the other side it has a different eagle? Has a larger wingspan almost like a luftshutz or Lufwaffe Eagle anyone seen examples of this? Thats as much as i can tell its too faded. Anyone know how to bring out the stamps? Also best way to remove the tru oil? I know that'll help with detail. Any details Appreciated. Cheers.

Some collectors use chalk or white paint to bring out the markings.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Yeah, cheers. But i can only just read it with naked eye. N was eager to protect it n smeared tru oil all over it. Any tips best or kindest way to get that off first?

Not really sure about exactly what tru oil is/what it's like. It looks like a very glossy substance, if it is sticky/loose and smeared on, it would be easily removed with a piece of cloth/soaked in warm water.

As for the stamps: Judging by the star and X markings, I think your rifle is a Russian capture rifle(Could be wrong though, just going from memory, somebody will probably come along and correct me if I am wrong).
    As for the buttplate screws: I've had a bit of experience with smashed screws on rifles and buttplates are the worst, you could have a go with an oil/lubrication spray(WD40 will damage the metal in the long run, but could work) and a screwdriver, but it depends on how damaged and rusted the screws are. If the screw is too damaged, you can get screw removers and drill them out, but I would recommend that unless you desperately have to remove the buttplate, that it stick on, no need to cause more damage.

Also: Could we get a picture of the whole rifle, not just parts of it?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

Attachment 375512Attachment 375510Attachment 375511Yeah, i was told when i bought it it was (possible R/C) But there's no x stamp on side of receiver and no electro stenciled no's, also no red shelac and it seems untouched, and beside bolt m/m the only parts that dont match are lower band and band spring which i'm certain are period replaced as the shrapnel chunk in the stock and on lower band spring match up like a jigsaw puzzle in some books i've seen the same star with an ss skull (possible barrel manufacturer?). Made success with buttplate screws patience and small screw driver 3hrs later found half of Europe under there! Haa thats where most of the smell was coming from! Mrs hated the smell i loved it. Gonna put it in a little jar. The tru oil is some natural wood oil local gun shop told me would be good(think theyll say anything for a sale) but didn't expect it to be so shiny. Tried warm water with cloth to no avail tho it did seem to make it tacky again so i think it was starting to work but thinking light 1200 grit (ONLY ON THE TRUOIL COATING) Not the wood stock itself not touching that. I've currently got the rifle in parts still but here's a few of the early pics i took not very good quality tho. Cheers for the reply. I've also added some new pics i took 2day of the Luftwaffe L with eagle stamp hard to see found an L in sling groove also. And i added the interesting carved large L on base of stock, with 3 L's forming a swastika next to it! I'd thought the L was a scratch but a closer look u can see its carved. Also does anyone know about these three L's forming a swastika is this a Luftwaffe thing? Looks similar to a Mercedes benz badge or aeroplane prop? This rifle was heavily used from start to finish any way to tell if it's a Fallschirmjager issue? It is an early s/42 laminated stock 962 matching barrel 962 Luft issue?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Last edited by FUNKEL; 07-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Man! You almost need 2 pair of sunglasses on just to look at it. Nice piece you have there though. I am sure you know any Kar98 is worth quite a few bucks even non matching. you might want to check out Gun Boards Forum for added info. These guys know their stuff.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25