Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Haa, Yeah. It certainly wasnt the natural wood finish i was looking for thats for sure! I just recently joined the k98 forum(most of same people)and Have scrolled through gunboards forum and found one y series serial 6026 laminated stock Luft issue bit later than mine. Someone pointed out the front sling loop(Lower band) was around the wrong way and the guy said it was like that when he got it? I found that interesting. Thats how i got mine! If u look in the pic u can see the shapnel chunk in the wood stock and metal band. So i wonder what reason did the Luftwaffe or Fallschrimjagers have to wear it on their left shoulder? Parashute jumps possibly?Hmmm?

What the hell happened to this thread. All the Mauser Kar 98k fans dry up?

Quote by mauser9
    I recently picked one up, I'll post pictures of it in this thread as well

?

Yeah hey, i thought i might've envoked a few people for discussion from smearin tru oil on mine n makin it shinyier than the sun! Gave it a buff it ain't so shiny anymore.

- - Updated - -

Hey mate, what year is it? N has it got a laminated stock?

Well Funkel I can tell you I thought mine was walnut but others say its laminate. Is a 1940 243 code Borsigwalde rifle. might be too late for walnut. Father-in-law gave it to me 15 years ago. All matchers over here going for at least 1200 bucks in good shape with original sling. Check out Gun Boards Forum mauser section for some good info. Lets keep these mauser posts rolling in.

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    I hope not

I only have a lowly RC, although it is a bnz. ... I'd love to get my hands on a Vet BB K98k!!

Here's mine, all metal parts match the stock and cleaning rod a mis matched, the hand guard is walnut and matches to the receiver
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Hey GizMo Nothing wrong with an RC. I had one with mismatch bolt and sold it 6 months ago for$550 and have seen them at gun shows for $700 and more. Don't part with it . They are going for more by the minute as they get scarcer.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Hey GizMo Nothing wrong with an RC. I had one with mismatch bolt and sold it 6 months ago for$550 and have seen them at gun shows for $700 and more. Don't part with it . They are going for more by the minute as they get scarcer.
    Oh, I definitely won't be getting rid of it any time soon! Still, I'd love an un-messed with example.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25