Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Hi mauser9,

Thank you, if you come to Alsace, I will learn you to speak french.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Greetings from the Midwest! I'm a neebie to the site and let me say it's the greatest out there. I'm new so I hope I get the pictures posted also. This is my first K98 and I haven't had much time to clean it completely but will this week. It's as you can see, it's a Vet bring back old War horse with matching numbers and best no Import marks. A 1943 bnz. I really wish that law was never put in the books. I also have to say that the K98 collection pictures from France would make anyone proud. Great job!
    look forward to seeing more pictures on this thread. We only have a few million yet to see.. Thanks, Mic

Attachment 410603Attachment 410604Attachment 410605Attachment 410606Attachment 410607

?

Welcome to the forum, Mic.
    I cant see your pics, but looks forward to being able to check out your K98.

?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Here's mine, all metal parts match the stock and cleaning rod a mis matched, the hand guard is walnut and matches to the receiver
    Great pics of a good looking rifle.
    We are not all fortunate enough to have a giant rifle display tree in the yard!

will also welcome you to the forum. Glad you're a K98 fan and am always glad to see more pics of 98s. that BNZ code is a desirable one and am sure yours is worth quite a bit. Hold onto it. Best Wishes and glad you joined.

Thank for the nice welcome I'm learning but the key is what to ask and how sometimes. This site has some great collectors who understand that "Bug" of colllecting. Has anyone ever seen: First, I know they put a Mfg. date of a stock under the buttpate sometimes in Ink. Is it possible that the Stamped number is also the Mfg. date in a stock?

My bnz. 43 and the stock has the other numbers matching the bolt, barrell, floor plate, etc. However under the Buttplate which I had alot of hard work to get it off was the number 2 18 43. Was the the Month, date and year when it was made? Sometimes their just isn't a pat answer I think unless you were there.
    My serial number is 6748 on everything else including the stock. It has the lead paint etc. I will attach some pics. What is everyone's opinion? Thanks Mic

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  
    Last edited by VOODOTHATIDO4U; 10-17-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Hey Pal I encourage you to join or check out Gun Boards Forum as they have a section dealing strictly with Kar 98ks and have many experts that can answer your questions. As far as the date that is a new one to me but I know they stamped serial no. in underside of stock in barrel channel. Don't want to steer you wrong but if you check out this forum you will not be disappointed. I have a 1940 243 code given to me by my father-in -law which matches completely and should be worth at least $1200. These guns are going for excellent money in good all matching condition and your BNZ is a very good code. Yours was made by Steyr-Daimler Puch. Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon.

Mauer9, thanks for the info and will do. All the best!
    Thanks Mic

Found on page 9 in this thread, someone posted three photos of his Mauser w/ 25 round magazine. Its fairly close to mine--but still many details different. I wish this member would have posted more pics of his so i can describe mine more in detail on what is different from his. Nice piece BTW.

?

His/buff... those tacticool 25 rd magazines on those 98k's are post war chicanery. Well known and all laughed at.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25