Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Article about: Hi All, Nice photos & nice K98. Some pics from my collection. Unfortunately only 50% have matching numbers. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

?

Default Re: Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?

Hi,

Is this a german ww2 stock?
    I know the metal is (marked "243" 1940)

thx

?

In short no. This is a postwar set of furniture with a postwar triggerguard.

Hi,

Difficult to say, the stock looks like a late war modified "Reichspost gewehr" with a longuer lower band retaining pin & a cupped buttplate.
    The triggerguard could be a late war or post war winter triggerguard. (Detailled photos please).
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

?

I thought I would add my K98 to this thread, Made at the Mauthausen concentration camp in 1944 and captured by the Russians.

Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

?

C ; There is nothing difficult about this rifle pictured. It is what it is - a post war restocked and likely rebuilt rifle by either the czechs or the yugos.

Quote by Carfin LEWYS View Post
    Hi,

Difficult to say, the stock looks like a late war modified "Reichspost gewehr" with a longuer lower band retaining pin & a cupped buttplate.
    The triggerguard could be a late war or post war winter triggerguard. (Detailled photos please).
    Carfin.

I was cleaning up my BCD 4 today that I got from a good friend of mine. He finds K98's and helps me add them to my collection. Anyway, he sold me this BCD 4, All matching, just not the bolt... not import marked bring back without paperwork is how he described it. I didn't get very good photos of it but it turned out to be a good buy!

So, after it sat for awhile and I didn't really do much with it... just hanging out with my other K98's... .then I said, " I should take a closer look at that..."

It turned out to be a bring back that was a duffle bag cut! I don't have a photo of the cut, but here she is together.

Some photos got fuzzy.

Thanks
    Cody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?   Perhaps a pinned thread on nothing but WWII 98k rifles?  

Hi,

Nice Gewehr, Cody, in very good condition. Félicitations.
    Carfin.

Yeah, that's really nice ;-)

?

Here some more photo's.

I was looking at my K98 the other day, and noticed that while the receiver was manufactured at the Wilhelm Gustloff Werke in Weimar (BCD), the barrel was manufactured at Ruhrstahl AG Guss-Stahlwerke in Witten (BYS). This is a capture gun, as noted by the stamped X. Was it common for the Russians to piece together weapons, or could the barrel assembly have been shipped in initially? Just curious to know if someone out there could help me out on this one. Thanks in advance.

Dusty

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 25