Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Article about: Hello Everyone: Well, I drove for hours down to a gun show and I came back with this: Walther P.38 Actually, a Mauser P.38, with a holster. Marked Byf 43, being manufactured in June of 1943

Default Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Hello Everyone:

Well, I drove for hours down to a gun show and I came back with this:

Walther P.38

Actually, a Mauser P.38, with a holster. Marked Byf 43, being manufactured in June of 1943 from what I understand. (Is this Correct?)
    All Matching. "F" NO IMPORT Marks

The Holster is labeled NKA 43 and has "WaA 163" can anyone help me out here with where that was made?

Interesting note:
    A Russian Capture but has the original finish on it. Can someone explain why this wasn't refinished like most Russian Captures?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching   Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching  

Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching   Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching  

Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching   Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching  

Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38  All Matching  

Default Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Looks like you have a fine example of a P-38. yes it has the Russian X or crossed rifles as I have read denoting Russian capture. BYF code denotes Mauser Oberndorf manufacture in 1943. As far as the russian reblue one of my K98k rifles has no reblue and no shellac on wood despite being a CAI import. Guess some escaped like this with unpeened swastikas to boot. Am sure others will chime in with more info on holster. Congradulations on your find.

The interesting thing about this is their is not a single import mark on the thing!

The holster is in really good condition, I just can't find any info on the markings.

Nobody knows?

Some Russian captured lugers and P38's were not force matched or reblued, I have seen other examples.
    There is stigma of sorts about the Russian capture guns, but they are all getting rarer and more desirable - and represent as clear a chapter in history as the vet bring backs, in their own way - so nice find.
    I would imagine the holster was added to this set more recently, it seems in incredible condition which is nice.
    (I picked up a matching Byf42 on black friday, too, lol)

Pit.

Lightbulb Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

I can find no reference to 'nka', however there seem to be some repro holsters around with similar markings : -

German

Martin, I've seen some references to NKA under Original Hi Browning holsters but that holster doesn't look a thing like mine nor are the markings the same.
    From what I've found it is from J.J.Schlayer Leatherworks Factory in Reutlingen. Does this sound right?

Lightbulb Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Hi NDShooter.....

Looks like I'm just going to have to admit defeat with this one....

I can't find anything definitive ; just various internet forum references ( some on quite obscure Russian sites ). The holster certainly looks nice, but I just can't seem to be able to find a reliable reference. Over to the other guys..............

Martin,
    I think you are right, it looks to be to "new" and feels to new compared to originals. You are right I'm guessing. The NKA company is either a cover for these or actually produced Hi Browning holsters also.

Thanks
    Cody

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast