Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Article about: Hello Everyone: Well, I drove for hours down to a gun show and I came back with this: Walther P.38 Actually, a Mauser P.38, with a holster. Marked Byf 43, being manufactured in June of 1943

Default Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Congrats on your new p38

There are tons of repo holsters out there and this one reminds me of the ones I have seen/handled in person in the past, and I think your gut feelings about its unusually perfect condition is correct.

Lightbulb Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Just to compare, I went and found my P-38 holster which is 1941-dated. It's abviously 'salty', but I rather like the worn look. I bought it nearly 20 years ago for what seemed like a heavy price at the time, but now would probably be a bargain......

I'm 99.9% sure it's OK ( since joining this Forum, I'm never 100% on anything ! )

My P-38 is a byf43 also : yours looks very nice indeed and is a great addition to a collection......

Found this site listing P38 holster makers which may be of interest

P38 Holsters

Good looking pistol.

Regards

Richie

?

Nice P38, thanks for sharing

Brad.

Thumbs up Re: Pick Up: Byf 43 Walther P-38 All Matching

Thanks for the very useful link, Richie - the rough holster in my pic is from F.u.K. Voegels, Koln ( ewx ).

Thanks Everyone, I got the holster for free with the pistol and still got it for a great price. So, no harm done by finding out its a repo. On the search for two original now...

Is it pork?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Am I the only one that thinks this pistol has been refinished?

The holster is a repo and the p38 is a typical Russian captured dip blued pistol.The grips are not correct,they are the later war black plastic and pretty scratched up,dont match condition of gun.On the slide you can see light pitting under the dip.Most of these RC pistols have incorrect grips as these were removed in the dipping process.The slide lock on this p38 is the later stamped type,should have the milled one this early,it was replaced during refurb IMO.

Agreed toe cutter. What year did they start using the cheaper black grips?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast