Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Picked up affordable 45LC "Peacemaker"

Article about: These are a nice 45LC western revolver.Made in Italy by Pietta for Heritage Arms.Its has a nice polished blued finish.Heritage makes the Rough Rider 22LR , a cheap rough finish revolver that

Default Picked up affordable "Peacemaker"

This is a well made 45LC western revolver.Made in Italy by Pietta for Heritage Arms.It has a nice polished blued finish.Heritage also makes the Rough Rider 22LR , an affordable rough finish revolver that am sure most of you shooters have seen or own.They can be had for about 150.00,great little shooters for the money.But the big bore revolvers such as this 45LC were farmed out to Pietta ,probably because of US production cost and they didn't want to buy the extra machinery.I picked up this one in like new cond. for 300.00 but no box or manual.They are a pretty accurate reproduction of the old Colt peacemaker and I would recommend buying one if you can find one at a good price,this one looks and shoots great!Here are pics of the 22LR first and the 45 last.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up affordable 45LC "Peacemaker"   Picked up affordable 45LC "Peacemaker"  

Picked up affordable 45LC "Peacemaker"   Picked up affordable 45LC "Peacemaker"  

Last edited by Toecutter; 01-15-2019 at 03:03 AM. Reason: text

Heritage are good little guns. I have a Ruger Blackhawk three screw from the fifties or sixties in .357 Magnum. Haven't gotten a chance to shoot it in the past couple years. Heritage, Ruger and a couple other companies make nice wheel guns with the "old-west" feel. Besides, somebody has to make guns for the cowboy action folks!

MAP
    ?

Two nice pistols TC. The SAA's just feel so right in the hand. And regardless of caliber the recoils is managed so well due to the shape of the plowshare style grips.

I have a Ruger Vaquero I bought many moons ago. Got the leather rig and would go out behind the barn to shoot it. Loads of fun. But like Carpediem, it's been a number of years since it has been out of the gun safe.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks guys!yeah some fun shooters without breaking the bank.

Nice and affordable fun. Never owned a "cowboy" type gun but would grab a used Vaquero in .45 or 357 for a decent price.