Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!

Article about: Here's one of two in my collection. This one is Freikorps unit marked.

RZM
    ?

Default Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!

Greetings all,

I picked up this nice F.L. Selbstlader "Army" pistol today from a buddy. From what I understand, these pistols are fairly scarce. It is chambered in 7.65 Browning (.32acp), and has the earlier style horn grips. This is a type 2 pistol I believe (closed ejection port). It has about 75% or more of it's original bluing. There is an imperial German proof stamp on the left side of the frame, and the "Crown N" nitro proofs on the right side. Unfortunately the firing pin has been intentionally ground down and is missing the spring. Otherwise it in excellent condition. Anyone have a lead on where to find the firing pin and spring? I would love to shoot it! Yes, I am aware of the potential danger in firing these pistols. For those who don't know, the screw that holds the slide and breech block has a tendency to loosen while firing. When the screw became loose enough, it would allow the breech block to fly into the shooter's face. That was the reason this pistol was not manufactured after 1918! Anyway, that's my find for the day! Let me know what you think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!   Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!  

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!   Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!  

?

Good find.

Nice little .32! Have you tried places like Numrich Arms for the parts? I imagine, if needed, it wouldn't take too much to have a firing pin machined by a machinist and a spring should be no real problem.

I just did a quick scan through their inventory, and they do have the firing pin (SKU: 906830 $26.10). It's formally called a "Langenhan Selbstlader" . As for the spring, am not quite sure which spring you need, but if it's something like the recoil spring, they carry those too for a few bucks more along with the guides, etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

A quaint 'Langenhahn' handgun.

Try Numrich/Gun Parts Corp for parts.

Should be quite a task to source factory bits for a niche gun like this.

?

Nice looking pistol. That is a bitch you can't shoot it.
    If Nurmrich gun parts or Brownells can't help, take the FP to a machinist and have him make a new one. He should know how to harden it. Then talk to someone at Wolf Springs and see if they can make or if they have something that will fit the size you need.

Just a Thought!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

RZM
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nice little .32! Have you tried places like Numrich Arms for the parts? I imagine, if needed, it wouldn't take too much to have a firing pin machined by a machinist and a spring should be no real problem.
    I looked at Numrich, but there don't seem to be many parts available. I saw that they had firing pins, but it said they were for 6.35/7.65 pistols. I know these weren't produced after WWII in .32, so I didn't know if it's just another pistol they made. I'm sure the spring will be easy to find. A ball point pen spring almost fits, but it's just too wide on the outside. If it were a hair smaller, it would be perfect!

?

Here is what a holster for the gun supposedly looks like

https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?...PHPSESSID=138c

?

Supposedly the handgun was never sold commercially, the entire production run of 50,000 pistols being taken into service by the German Army during World War 1 as emergency war issue, and later for issue to German police and special units. Production of the Langenhan pistol began in 1915, but stopped in the late 1920s.

RZM
    ?

I went ahead and ordered a firing pin. I just hope it fits! That would be great if I can get this thing working for $30, lol.

Scout, I didn't know they made a specific holster for these. Very neat! I would love to pick one up, but they seem to be a bit pricey. I guess that's not bad, though, considering that it's nearly 100 years old.

?

Well, you showed us the gun and you got a few pics of the holster

Here a few more. Holsters dont look alike.

In regards to the Construction of the gun itself: Man, if I ever saw a reason for red LocTite, its this handgun!!

F.L. and holster.

From here - more pics:

Item:8223338 F.L. SELBSTLADER WWI 1915 Selbstlader 7.65 GERMAN military PISTOL For Sale at GunAuction.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast