Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!

Article about: Here's one of two in my collection. This one is Freikorps unit marked.

RZM
    ?

Lol, I agree! I'm going to put some thread tape on the screw before I fire it. I don't feel like having a breech block embedded in my face. I don't think that would be very fun ;-)

These little guns were very popular with the German Police, as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by RZM View Post
    Lol, I agree! I'm going to put some thread tape on the screw before I fire it. I don't feel like having a breech block embedded in my face. I don't think that would be very fun ;-)
    Nope - sure would'nt!

Might be the only gun ever, that I'd be tempted to shoot ganster style with the slide pointed outwards and away from my face!

....or even better; have someone else fire it (KIDDING!).

The Colt 1902 (forefather to the venerable 1911) also suffered form a weakness, though the gun is of a different construction. If the gun failed, the slide would ram the shooters face as well.

Might ruin your whole day.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nice little .32! Have you tried places like Numrich Arms for the parts? I imagine, if needed, it wouldn't take too much to have a firing pin machined by a machinist and a spring should be no real problem.

I just did a quick scan through their inventory, and they do have the firing pin (SKU: 906830 $26.10). It's formally called a "Langenhan Selbstlader" . As for the spring, am not quite sure which spring you need, but if it's something like the recoil spring, they carry those too for a few bucks more along with the guides, etc.
    I'm sorry Wagriff, I repeated what you had already said. I guess I just breezed through the replies and posted an answer.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Dont worry. I did that as well in regards to Numrich/Gun Parts corp. I echoed Williams advice re Numrich. In this instance, I read the OP and pondered the gun while others posted before me hence I didnt read the posts prior to mine except for the OP. It happens.

Sometimes I 'breeze' though the other comments as well, as you say.

You do, I do it, William does it (birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it....Oooops, thats another field entirely!!! Dont know why that throwback popped into my head!)

Quote by Scout View Post
    Supposedly the handgun was never sold commercially, the entire production run of 50,000 pistols being taken into service by the German Army during World War 1 as emergency war issue, and later for issue to German police and special units. Production of the Langenhan pistol began in 1915, but stopped in the late 1920s.
    Quote by Wagriff View Post
    These little guns were very popular with the German Police, as well.

RZM
    ?

Quote by Scout View Post
    ....or even better; have someone else fire it (KIDDING!).
    That would be the perfect prank to play on the wife when she's aggravating you!

"Hey babe, do you want to fire this really cool pistol I just got? I swear, there is almost no recoil to it..."

On second thought, maybe not the best idea in the world...

?

Nope, not a the best idea. Having the wife fire it could backfire on you (sorry!).

Looks suspiciously like the FN Browning 1900.

?

Has the same barrel under spring arrangement as the FN/Browning M1900.

RZM
    ?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Looks suspiciously like the FN Browning 1900.

That was one if my first thoughts too. You can really see the Browning's influence in the design of this pistol. It also vaguely resembles one of the early Steyr designs as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast