Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!

Article about: Here's one of two in my collection. This one is Freikorps unit marked.

Here's one of two in my collection. This one is Freikorps unit marked.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!   Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!  

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!  

Looks like the Germans copied an American firearm for once.
    Attached Images Attached Images Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today! 

Nice looking pistol!!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Looks like the Germans copied an American firearm for once.
    American firearms or Belgian one? This is a Browning FN Model 1900.

Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!Picked up A Rare WWI German Pistol Today!

and is also the wrong side.

?

The first FL 32 pistol I ever had was missing the firing pin as well. I made one out of an M16 firing pin and scrounged a proper spring from my box of assorted springs. As typical of these small 32 autos they are not the most accurate but are a pleasure to shoot. Berry's cast plated 71 grain bullets work well in these little 32's.

Indeed the Browning invented FN 1900 pistol is totally Belgian, not American.

Jean

?

Ive often felt that Dieudonne Saive didnt get the reqognition he deserved in regards to the design of the Grande Puissance in the broad public as well.

Browning was a brilliant firearms designer, but Saive was a top notch designer in his own right.

Just because it reads 'Browning' on a gun, doesnt mean no other designer had a hand in the design.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Ive often felt that Dieudonne Saive didnt get the reqognition he deserved in regards to the design of the Grande Puissance in the broad public as well.

Browning was a brilliant firearms designer, but Saive was a top notch designer in his own right.

Just because it reads 'Browning' on a gun, doesnt mean no other designer had a hand in the design.
    Yes for the HP, but I have some doubts about the Model 1900: in that year Saive was 11 years old.

?

Uhh, I mentioned Saive in regards only to the GP - not any other model....

Quote by Scout View Post

Saive 1889–1973. Sorta'...kinda' goes without saying, that he didnt design many guns around 1900. So maybe a bit redundant?

Saive was all over the SAFN, FAL, GP and many other designs how ever.

?

Quote by Redgemak View Post
    Indeed the Browning invented FN 1900 pistol is totally Belgian, not American.

Jean

You may want to rethink that jean.

exactly 100 years ago J.M.Browning received this pistol, and it was nearly scrapped - The FAL Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3