Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

Article about: The baby powder really does make a difference!

Default pistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

I have a pistol that my grandfather got while in Europe. it has stamped on the left side of the slide, "MF,N7." Kal 7 65 Modell 1 serial number on trigger guard 5013. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on it. Thankspistol my grandfather brought back from Europepistol my grandfather brought back from Europepistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

?

Default Re: pistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

Could you get some close up photos of the markings on the pistol please ?
    Thanks

here are some pics that are close up. I was having a hard time getting the numbers to be clear.pistol my grandfather brought back from Europepistol my grandfather brought back from Europepistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

?

It Resembles a Beholler ( Not sure it just looks like one :P )

-Corey

Quote by Corey View Post
    It Resembles a Beholler ( Not sure it just looks like one :P )

-Corey
    It's definitely the same maker as the Beholla pistol, the German company August Menz.

Rob

I looked up the Beholla pistol and all the ones I could find have a differently shaped slide.

Quote by jared1984 View Post
    I looked up the Beholla pistol and all the ones I could find have a differently shaped slide.
    It's more like a Menz 'Lilliput' pistol than a 'Beholla', although it's a bigger gun than the Lilliput model. Here are a couple of photos of Menz guns I found:

pistol my grandfather brought back from Europepistol my grandfather brought back from Europe[QUOTE

The first is a 'Kaba Special' model and the second the 'Lilliput Model 1926' (Hitler supposedly owned a gold-plated Lilliput). Judging by the markings, yours seems to be a 'Menz Model 1', although I can't find a reference to this exact type. It might be quite rare? It might even be a copy by a different company, called a "Menz" as a sort of tribute to the style?

Rob
    Last edited by Battery Command Post; 02-14-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Here is the Hitler gun:

pistol my grandfather brought back from Europe

It is described as a 'Lilliput Model 11A', and is actually remarkably similar in general proportion to yours. Whether it really is Hitler's is a matter of endless debate of course.

Rob

my pistol does resemble the lilliput pretty closely. I have looked for years trying to find info on it. I wanted to find out what exactly the pistol was so I can try to find if someone has a firing pin for it. Thank you all for your help

For future references if you take baby powder and rub it over the letters it will make them very easy to read in photos or even by you. But nice pistol, was there any papers with the pistol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast