Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Pistol Vis 35 radom - grade ?

Article about: Hello out there! As part of my heritage i got an VIS 35 'Radom'. Nice weapon. Works well. But.. This pistol does not fit into the categories i know. Some characteristics: - black chequered B

Default Re: Pistol Vis 35 radom - grade ?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Based on a quick glance over my lunch break this appears to be an early ‘occupation’ pistol dating from mid 1940, prior to the introduction alphanumeric serial numbering introduced by the Germans after the initial production run.

There’s no doubt that this pistol has been refinished and also resurfaced as some of the normally sharper finished edges appear rounded in the pictures. My bet is the slide markings have been ground off prior to re-bluing.

The serial numbers are not pre-war. The slide has had a second set of serial numbers added for some reason, possibly suggesting that the slide originated on another Vis -? The original slide serial number should be stamped onto the underside of the slide, and only visible when removed from the frame.

All in all a strange Vis. No surprise that it still operates well. These workhorses took a much worse abuse and still fired faithfully. I’ll look it over more closely when back home this evening.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

After finding out the macro function on my camera, i took some details showing the area around the trigger and slide stop having (may be) some relic parts of labels on. I agree - obviously the pistol was re-surfaced. Is this of help?
    Next step: Take the thing apart and have a look for further details (especially the underside of the slide as Tony mentioned)

Regards,
    Fred.
    Pistol Vis 35 radom - grade ?Pistol Vis 35 radom - grade ?

?

IIRC all of the Radom's I have seen with the stock cut were blued. This one looks like it has been parkerized.

The view inside. Slide covers the same serial (5665) as the frame.

Finally the barrel (with less re-surfacing). Can anybody help with the labels on the barrell?

The Wa markings of "623" are correct for Steyr-Daimler-Puch and this is what one would expect to find on one of these pistols.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum Fred!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi again Fred,

Thanks for the added pics. I can’t explain why the serial number was repeated on the exterior of the slide, but it’s safe to say it was added after production by a past owner. The serial number on the barrel lug (last three digits of the full serial number) confirms that the barrel is original to the pistol.

Ade is correct about the 623 acceptance mark. And its presence signals that this pistol, while still very early German occupation production, was now built using Steyr made barrels as stocks of pre-war Radom made barrels were exhausted. Barrel production at Radom was discontinued to limit pilferage of parts that were channeled towards the underground resistance. Final assembly was also moved to Steyr.

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Hi Folks,
    Now i had the Gun disassembled completly. Also the Stock holder carries the same serial number.
    Just forgot to say thanks for the welcome and valueable Information given!
    May be the Gun was Kind of "de-nazified" for easier selling to non-collectors?
    Regards, Fred

- - Updated - -

Hi Folks,
    Now i had the Gun disassembled completly. Also the Stock holder carries the same serial number.
    Just forgot to say thanks for the welcome and valueable Information given!
    May be the Gun was Kind of "de-nazified" for easier selling to non-collectors?
    Regards, Fred

komar
    ?

Quote by mopsfred View Post
    Hi There!
    Would you consider to sell it?

I've considered selling the gun, but i do not have an idea on the price yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2