MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question

Article about: Greetings everyone, I am in the process of doing a trade for this one, and I wanted to find out a little more about it. I have read that the last serial numbers to have Nazi markings were ar

RZM
    ?

Default Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question

Greetings everyone,

I am in the process of doing a trade for this one, and I wanted to find out a little more about it. I have read that the last serial numbers to have Nazi markings were around 476,000. This one is in the 473,000 range. Shouldn't it have German markings somewhere on it, or is it possible that this one was made in the last day or two of the War and never got to the final inspection? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question   Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question  

Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question   Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question  

I read somewhere years ago that the early batches of the CZ27's when back under Czech control had their German markings removed by the Czechs. Some have theorized that this was done for exporting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Does it have a date on it? If not, very late production, if it has a date on it, then it is post-war (dates start from 45' onwards)

I have one of the late war green phosphate productions. It has an eagle next to the serial number on the top and the barrel has an eagle plus wa A76 if thats any help. The fnh is a german factory code.

RZM
    ?

Nitram, there is no date stamped on it. Just the serial numbers on the slide and frame.

Bigsieuk, I have another one that has the WaA76 on the frame and barrel. It's a 1943 production one with the phosphate slide and parkerized frame. Below is a pic of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question  

?

Quote by RZM View Post
    Nitram, there is no date stamped on it. Just the serial numbers on the slide and frame.

Bigsieuk, I have another one that has the WaA76 on the frame and barrel. It's a 1943 production one with the phosphate slide and parkerized frame. Below is a pic of it.
    Then it is wartime, I have a Dual-Tone 1943 production one too, I love how the slide is almost plum colored under the correct light. I think mine has a strawed trigger. Too lazy to go check right now, but I'll check in the evening.

RZM
    ?

Thanks again Nitram! I guess it was one of the last few to roll off the line before the War ended. It really is neat to see the color in these mid war pistols. Mine has a very strong plum color in almost any light. It was a lucky pick-up for me. I ended up giving $225 for it, and it's by far my favorite gun to shoot!

?

here's mine...from here and other forums, I'm guessing manufactured date early war, pre-1943..ser. #172XXX
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question   Pistole Modell 27 (CZ27) Question  

My dad's older brother brought back one that was nickel-plated, which I suppose may have been done postwar, as he was garrisoned in or around Ingolstadt until sometime in '46. The pistol came back accompanied by a beautiful - used, but obviously well-cared for - Luftschutz helmet and fireman's dress dagger; this led to the theory that it had been some high-level fire policeman's equivalent of the American "barbecue gun." Nowadays, I would lean towards it being a postwar "souvenir" all shined up for an occupation GI with some extra spending money, but maybe someone out there has documentation that would say otherwise.

As there were still kids in "Mom's" house after the war, the pistol's hammer spring had been removed and conveniently lost. That particular Pistole Modell 27 had the Waffenamt stamps and all the "usual" markings, but no stampings on the top of the slide apart from the serial #; the grips did have the CZ logo on the circle. Someone had also plated the magazine, and it was overall a rather attractive little pistol.

I made a replacement hammer spring while I had custody of that handgun, but a closer examination of the bore revealed a flaw in the metal which made me put aside the idea of shooting it. It was returned to my uncle in the same condition as when my grandmother let me have it, and I have since lost track of its whereabouts.

For those who haven't read it, gunsmith Roy Dunlap's book "Ordnance Went Up Front" has a few lines about these pistols, and while he wasn't effusive with his praise, he liked the feel of the grips very much.

(As did I.)

Regards,

G. Kelly
    Last edited by 3986QMTC; 11-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.

?

yes I haven't seen a nickel-plated one......I'd never shoot mine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast