Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Please help me identify this 8mm rifle

Article about: This was a gun left to me by my late father. I would like to identify it's origin and have taken several photos of markings made on it. I do know it has been or is reported to have been spor

geffen izlide
    ?

Default Please help me identify this 8mm rifle

This was a gun left to me by my late father. I would like to identify it's origin and have taken several photos of markings made on it. I do know it has been or is reported to have been sporterized. I intend to have it's serviceability evaluated by a gunsmith and clean years of dirt from it. I know it has not been fired in at least 30 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me identify this 8mm rifle   Please help me identify this 8mm rifle  

Please help me identify this 8mm rifle   Please help me identify this 8mm rifle  

Please help me identify this 8mm rifle   Please help me identify this 8mm rifle  

Please help me identify this 8mm rifle  

Default Re: Please help me identify this 8mm rifle

Gewehr 98 First world war German rifle inventoried in 1920, made in 1908, looks like someone cut the stock for hunting

geffen izlide
    ?

Thank you. I'm not interested in selling this as I understand that these are a dime a dozen anyway, am I wrong? I intend to use this for hunting assuming it's in serviceable condition and wont require much investment to bring it up to snuff.

I also have one that has never been modified at all, just haven't yet gotten my grippers on it to see it's markings.

Well if your headspace is to big you could get the barrel set back, If that was mine I'd never sell it due to the fact its been in family for that long, The condition on the receiver is vg in my opinion, If you wanted to you could find a military issue stock and make it look normal again, I'd love to see your other one also