Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help me identify this small pistol

Article about: by Panzer 3 Hi, Your Pistol is indeed a Lefaucheaux 12mm pistol, i believe they are side gate loaded, they were also sold as private pistols, perhaps this is one as it has Ivery grips. Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Your Pistol is indeed a Lefaucheaux 12mm pistol, i believe they are side gate loaded, they were also sold as private pistols, perhaps this is one as it has Ivery grips.
    Dave.
    Jeez 12mm, that's a hefty bullet!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Jeez 12mm, that's a hefty bullet!....
    Yes....It's a Velo-Elephant pistol, a later up gunning of the common bicyclist's Velo-Dog, that was popular at the time.....

Probably.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi As above this is my 1873 pocket revolver with walnut grips, but i do not have it,s case.Please help me identify this small pistolPlease help me identify this small pistol

?

Hehe, I remember reading about the Velo-Dog. Only gun, where you had to warn others, that you were firing at them in order to make sure, they even knew they were being shot at.
    ....or only shoot at very small dogs.

Hi Scout
    Mine is an obsolete calibre of 5mm, but a lovely little pistol, all i had to do when i got is is clean it right through and put a new return spring in and it works perfect.
    Dave,

?

Nice, when the old warhorses are able to brought to a functioning state so easily. Good job.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi,
    Your Pistol is indeed a Lefaucheaux 12mm pistol, i believe they are side gate loaded, they were also sold as private pistols, perhaps this is one as it has Ivery grips.
    Dave.
    12mm? are you sure? PV337 says its a small pistol, not a great heavy caliber gun like that. His pistol looks to me like a small civillian Belgian Pinfire pocket pistol dating to the 1870's. I am attaching a picture of my pistol which looks to be about .30 cal and is 15cm long.

Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me identify this small pistol  

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice, when the old warhorses are able to brought to a functioning state so easily. Good job.
    Yup and the only fully functioning guns us Brits are allowed to own without a firearms certificate!...

?

Thanks Dave for the research... I purchased this pistol from an antique shop close to Nigara falls. The grip was made of ivory as you mentioned and some engraving on both sides of the pistol. The trigger mechanism still function nice and tight.
    The antique vendor told me its not easy to obtain the old bullet and also reveal the pistol was around 1870. Thanks for showing the clear path of the gun's origin. Much appreciated.....

?

Thank you all for sharing the pictures, warrelics forum rocks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast