Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...

Article about: Hey everyone. I'm thinking about buying a Nambu Type 14 from a local collector. The gun itself seems to be in great shape, but I'm wondering what you all think (is it reblued?). From the res

Default Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...

Hey everyone. I'm thinking about buying a Nambu Type 14 from a local collector. The gun itself seems to be in great shape, but I'm wondering what you all think (is it reblued?). From the research I've done its a 1941 Nagoya made in Kokubunji. He is also throwing in a holster. It looks to be in too good of a shape, so I'm wondering if it is a repro. He says he's not sure.... I know very little about Japanese pistols so any help would be appreciated. Oh and just FYI I forgot to take a picture of the magazine but it's not matching.
    Thanks!Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...

MAP
    ?

Have you checked out Nambu World? Great site with holster examples to look at. Your holster appears to be a Type III with the square strap rings on the rear and with spare pocket for striker. The condition concerns me as well. To me it looks like a well made copy but PLEASE wait for other opinions.

The pistol's finish appears similar, but mine has slightly higher gloss to it. I know mine is 100% original as it was a vet bringback. Here are some very old pictures to compare. I don't have pictures of my holster but it is a very early type I so a tiny bit different anyway.

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the info map! I will have to check out Nambu World...

MAP
    ?

Here is the link.

Nambu World: Teri

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks. It does appear to be a Type III. But either it's a mint holster or like you said, a good repro. Assuming it's a repro how much would you ask for the gun and holster combo? How about if the holster is real?

MAP
    ?

To be honest we refrain from "pricing" items on the forum. It really comes down to what you are comfortable with. I recommend you go to dealer / auction sites for guidance as to what the full blown retail prices are.

Here are a few that should give you a good idea of where the market is.

Nambu Pistols For Sale

nambu For Sale

https://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.htm?T=nambu

Regards,

Michael

Most assuredly a repro holster-real ones are worth a great deal of money in excellent condition but that one is only a few years old.

PS The finish on the OP's is about the same as mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...   Possible Nambu Type 14 Purchase W/ Holster...  

I figured it was a repro. That's ok though because the price he is giving me is about on par for what I've seen Nambu's of this condition go for. So it's not like he was trying to rip me off. Instead I'm getting a good condition pistol and repro holster that will be good for display as an extra....

MAP
    ?

Just don't store it in the holster

Yes reproduction holster. The pistol look really nice, as said check prices it is about what you are comfortable with. You can not go wrong with a nice quality item even if is close to retail it will only go up in value. Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 06-22-2016 at 02:22 AM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td