Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone

Article about: This P.38 breaks the mold.When you think late war you think poor workmanship,no way with this honey.In 1945 Mauser changed its code from byf to SVW.This pistol has a mix of phosfate and blue

Default Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone

This P.38 breaks the mold.When you think late war you think poor workmanship,no way with this honey.In 1945 Mauser changed its code from byf to SVW.This pistol has a mix of phosfate and blued parts.waA135 stamped and ready for action.I doubt it ever had a round chambered because the feed ramp is unblemished.I dont want to tell you what I paid for her because It was crazy.But can you put a price on Factory new from 64 years ago?I hope you like her as much as I do
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone   Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone  

Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone   Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone  

Default Re: Pride of my P.38s:SVW45 Dual Tone

That p-38 looks near mint Congrat's on that beauty and thanks for posting.

rgrds, Ty

Great looking late war dual tone P-38...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Tiger2Tank
    ?

Beautiful SVW45. You need to post this one on the P.38 forums. Welcome to the P38 Web Site.... . They would like to see it. Mauser's didn't really suffer the poor quality of the late war like the other two companies that built these did.

Quote by Tiger2Tank View Post
    Beautiful SVW45. You need to post this one on the P.38 forums. Welcome to the P38 Web Site.... . They would like to see it. Mauser's didn't really suffer the poor quality of the late war like the other two companies that built these did.
    Hi Tiger,
    Thanks for the commentsI am on the P.38 forum,BUT.......their format is not user friendly and my pics will not upload.....their loss.I post on WRF(my favorite)and WAF.Most P.38 members post on WAF,I hope they enjoy my pistols there.