MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

proofing a deac in the uk

Article about: Hi guys! I've been on this site a while now just trawling through but not posting so this is my first thread lol. My name is Ryan and im from Northern Ireland and am just wondering about how

Default proofing a deac in the uk

Hi guys! I've been on this site a while now just trawling through but not posting so this is my first thread lol. My name is Ryan and im from Northern Ireland and am just wondering about how I would go about getting an already deactivated gun re-proofed?

I have an underfolding ak47 (bulgarian) made in about 1955, a 1943 dated mosin nagant with matching serial no'd bayonet and numbers throughout and a czech vzor 50 pistol (pics to follow)

The reason I'm asking is because I would really like a sawn-off side by side shotgun to add to my collection but they don't turn up very often. I have found a shotgun cheap enough but could I saw the barrels off and send it away to be re-proofed or would I be deemed as breaking the law by tampering with a deac?

Or do I leave it to the professionals or leave well alone lol?

Thanks for any help,
    Ryan

?

Default Re: proofing a deac in the uk

Hi Ryan, As a deact no longer meets the legal definition of a firearm you can do more or less whatever you want with it.

There must be loads of people in Northern Ireland who are experts at sawing off shotgun barrels. Ask Gerry Adams if he could recommed someone.

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum!

No, you cannot do this.

I made the point of asking about having an SVT40 field made carbine made. The answer I got was this was not legally possible.

Cheers, Ade.

I was actually about the recommend the same link

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

No, you cannot do this.

I made the point of asking about having an SVT40 field made carbine made. The answer I got was this was not legally possible.

Cheers, Ade.
    Then you asked the wrong person.

Thanks for the link! lol I'm not too fussed on hammer shotguns but I suppose it will grow on me, I'll have a think over it though.

No, you cannot do this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Who did you ask Ade? would it have been one of the proofing houses?
    Thanks
    Ryan

Just read through the link and they state they will only sell to theatrical groups and the like

DWSUK are correct, you cannot own a de-act sawn off shotgun without a good reason.They will have to inforrm the proof house who purchases the gun.
    Pete.

The person I contacted was Tony Budge, a section 5 firearms dealer and de-act trader here in the UK. The barrel length is stated on the deact cert.

I am always concerned with people asking for legal advice here. We are the wrong people to ask. I will always err on the side of caution. This is serious stuff and no one should rely on anyone's word here, however good the intentions, as we are not the people to ask. You need to contact the proper authorities on legal matters.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast