Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

PTRD 14.5mm Anti tank rifle

Article about: Hi Guys, I am posting these pics for forum member "grigoriev". The gun is dated 1942 and is still live If you have any questions about it, I am sure Colin would be pleased to answe

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: PTRD 14.5mm Anti tank rifle

Quote by copdoc View Post
    I wish I had bought every one. I read the first one in the grocery store but was in college and money was tight. I have only bought one or two since about 2000. Maybe that is what happened. I wish I had the first one.

The 50 cal article is in Sept 1978. There is a good section in the book, The Complete Book of US Sniping by Peter Senich. It has some of the same pictures. I have about 5-6 more mags with articles on 50s if you want the names and dates let me know.
    I have Sennich's book back home in storage. Probably the articles too.
    I have probably about 300 firearms books, manuals, and selections out of various publications in storage in the States, that I have gathered over the last 40 years. Here in Germany I have to rely on memory, and my mates on the boards, although the internet does have some good information posted if you have the time to search. The joys of being an international kind of guy!

Johnnie

I just missed the moment Lez (my wife and unit Cook) fired the PTRD at the weekend.

Colin has now perfected the blank rounds for it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PTRD 14.5mm Anti tank rifle  

i didnt think les could swear so well .

it was a bit loud

WOW that thing is unusual and a Beast! Thanks for pics of it!

Sadly I don't have sound on my camera, nor did it capture the muzzle flash, but here is me firing a 14.5mm blank round at the weekend.

YouTube - PTRD 14.5mm Anti-tank rifle

Cheers, Ade.

Johnnie
    ?

I can only imagine what the recoil must be like firing a live round out of one of these. I have fired a .50 Barrett and it was bodacious. The 14.5mm Soviet is a heftier cartridge than the .50 Browning.

Johnnie

I found while browsing the Archives this photo showing a load of PTRD's captured by the Fascists.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PTRD 14.5mm Anti tank rifle  

Another one in the hands of a German.

Cheers, Ade.

very impressive rifle!

Great stuff,, We had a couple in the Special Forces Weapon Pool as well as some of the Semiautomatic Russian AT Rifles that looked like a big SKS..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast