Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PWA Commando AR-15

Article about: Well, .223 or rather 556 (same thing, but different). The ARs are nice modular guns. Go for it. There are several ones in .22LR AFAIK and of course adapter kits for putting .22LR mags in the

?

Default Re: PWA Commando AR-15

Well, .223 or rather 556 (same thing, but different).

The ARs are nice modular guns. Go for it.

There are several ones in .22LR AFAIK and of course adapter kits for putting .22LR mags in the mag wells of the standard rifles, but that is of course of no interest to you, as you are looking at a 22.

According to the ATF, Pac West Arms (PWA) produced 2,964 rifles in 2000. Only 2 in 2001. The PWA company is now defunct. Only 2,966 rifles built.

PWA also produced complete AR15s in the late 70's and early eighties and lowers in the nineties.
    All pre-ban lowers have PWA with a circle around it stamped and under it is Milan, IL. 5.56 Commando and the 4-6 digit serial number. Pre-ban lowers are SN 35222 and below. All post ban lowers have the year appended to the serial number. Pre-ban lowers go for $400-$900 depending on condition.

Serial number list
    - AR15.Com

While we have an AR thread going, here's a couple of pics of my CMMG.....
    PWA Commando AR-15PWA Commando AR-15

Last edited by Richard_J; 08-28-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Looks like you have some nice suppressors. How does the one on the shotgun work? I have another toy that I was thinking of getting one for. It's my heavily modified Saiga 12 .

Thanks
    Burt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture PWA Commando AR-15  

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Looks like you have some nice suppressors. How does the one on the shotgun work?
    With Eley 3" Subsonics .410 (not sure if you get subsonic shotgun carts in the States?) it's a little bit louder than an unsilenced air rifle.
    Love the Saiga!

That's where I bought mine from, Paul is a great bloke to deal with, very helpful!

Thanks Zolder, My Saiga is 12 GA. I'll check them out. Also I don't think I could run subsonic rounds through her as it likes higher loads or high brass ammo the best. It'll run some of the lower speed stuff but tends to jam occasionally on that ammo. Either way it's my next step on this rifle to get a suppressor. It's sure fun to shoot.

Thanks
    Burt

?

Quote by Zolder View Post
    That's where I bought mine from, Paul is a great bloke to deal with, very helpful!
    So I guess you got the .22lr?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    So I guess you got the .22lr?
    Yes, but it's the ideal rifle for me as I can get a .223/5.56 upper to fit it, if I need one.

?

So you can change the parts and get a .22lr and a .223 from the same basic weapon?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    So you can change the parts and get a .22lr and a .223 from the same basic weapon?
    Yes, you can get a straight pull 'upper' (barrel etc.) in .223 that will fit a 'lower' (trigger, butt etc.). Talk to Lantac he's really helpful.

?

Great information, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2