Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Query re Yugo M53 Machine Gun

Article about: Hi guys! I have been offered a nice M53 and have been told that it is dated 1944. I know that Yugoslavia produced the M53 under licence copying the German M42 but I thought that this was wel

?

Default Query re Yugo M53 Machine Gun

Hi guys! I have been offered a nice M53 and have been told that it is dated 1944. I know that Yugoslavia produced the M53 under licence copying the German M42 but I thought that this was well after the war (in 1953 as the name suggests). I don't have pics of the date stamp as yet but they are coming. I have been advised by others that Yugoslavia made m53's and k98 rifles in 1944 when they were liberated. Is this true? And is it possible to have an m53
    that is dated 1944?

Cheers

Andy

?

Default Re: Query re Yugo M53 Machine Gun

Hi,
    I wouldn't go to much on the 1944 date as the M53 is a post war clone of the MG42 which is why there much cheaper. However I'm sure many moons ago that the late Dougy Priece had some hybrid weapons possible built from spares however these may have been MG42/59 which again would be a possible alternative to the Yugo m53 but cheaper then a pure 100% MG42

Also see:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...mg42-m53-1696/

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

Thanks Nige! I had been thinking along those lines but am also thinking that someone may have stamped the date post war to make it look like a war time weapon. I will post the date stamp when I get pictures!!

Cheers

Hi Blondie,
    The 1944 date you are on about is probably the code followed by 44 on the left of the receiver by the butt. This is NOT a date code. Also, on the top cover you will find a crest with the date 1943. Again, this is not a date of manufacture but refers to a historical event in Yugoslavian history. Many early Yugo M53's carry German Waffenampt stamps. My own example has waffenampt stamps to the receiver and other parts. It is likely that the Yugoslavians used up stockpiles of genuine Mg42 parts which were never assembled in the war. There is hardly any difference between the two guns. The biggest difference is the price. There are rumours that some Mg53's have been reworked and stamped to be passed off as genuine Mg42's.

?

Thanks Harry! I'm not sure wether to buy the m53 or hold out for an m42. The M53 does look great and is quite cheap!
    Cheers
    Andy

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    There are rumours that some Mg53's have been reworked and stamped to be passed off as genuine Mg42's.
    Again I'm sure back in the good old days Doug had some Hybrid Mg 42's for sale around about the mid 1990's at a guess, as a friend of mine at the time Neal was looking into purchasing one, and I remember dougy clearly stating that they were hybrid Deac's that he had for sale, because if he want an all Nazi with the stamps on, it would be a lot more cash, in the finish Neal never took the plunge on the MG 42 and instead went off and bought a PIAT oh and an early non-ribbed mag housing Mp40 LOL

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

It wouldn't take much to make an M53 exactly the same as the Mg42. When you place both guns side by side the only obvious difference is the missing front bracket for the AA sight on the 'Sarac' M53. Athough the position for this sight is clearly marked on the barrel jacket. It really is about what you really want. Is it worth paying an extra £500 or so for more waffenampt markings? Most parts are interchangeable between the two guns, and there are probably very few Mg42's about which are totally original. They saw much use after the war, and worn-out parts would have been replaced with 'modern' parts.
    I had no hesitation to buy the M53, I see it no different than collectors who buy Mg34's which were built in 1945 and never saw use by the German Army. Its really down to what you want to own and how deep your pockets are. Prices of deactivated weapons are a rip-off anyway. But unfortunately if you want to own these guns you have to pay the price. For example, its cheaper to buy a section 1 SMLE than a deactivated SMLE. Most guns are only deactivated because they are clapped-out and not fit for anything else. The only other thing they are fit for is scrap. Its only about 35 years ago that you could own almost any weapon you wanted. The rifling was removed and they were sold as shotguns, this included machine guns. This is how gun collecting was done by most people before World Wide Arms started selling deactivated rifles in the 80's.

dekowaffentuerkdotcom
    ?

Hello Blondie,
    we have sold several hundred mg53 and we got them directly from the military, so they are in absolutely unfumbled condition. None of them ever had a reciever with german ww2 signs such as waffenampt, dates or codes so i would say that really all mg53 recievers are post war made. only very few mg53 had minor parts of german ww2 production as the upper part of the bipod or the triggergroup for exemple. personally i think that these ww2 parts on mg53 were replacement parts of the stock of military armorers which replaced worn out post war mg53 parts with captured german ww2 parts.
    if you have an mg53 reciever with german ww2 markings please check the entire reciever for small BK stampings. these stampings are on allmost all yugoslavian post war gunparts, especially on every mg53 reciever which i had in my hands. if your german ww2 reciever has bk markings i would say that someone put german ww2 signs on the post war made reciever to achieve a better price.

regards paul

Hi Paul,
    Your information on the 'Sarac' M53 is very interesting. My own example has a dfb 43 dated bipod. Other smaller parts also carry waffenampt markings. The receiver is stamped WaA610 - as well as the BK. The dealer I purchased this weapon off (a few years ago) had no idea that these markings were on the gun until I pointed them out. The price I paid was just the going rate for any M53. It would seem hardly worth adding waffenampt stampings to the gun unless the intention was to try and deceive and inflate the price. Collectors being what they are will allways prefer a genuine Mg42 to the 'Sarac', but the build quality of both weapons is probably equal. It is likely that both weapons saw as much action in their respective theatres of war. One in WW11 and the other in the Balkan wars of the 1990's.

Harry

Home > Parts Kits > M53 8mm Replacement Parts Set Part #KIT-M53
    M53 8mm Replacement Parts Set Part #KIT-M53

View Larger Image Price: From $199.99 to $349.98
    Product Options
    Barrel Selection: Select Barrel SelectionDo Not Add A BarrelGood (Dark Bore) - Kit $199.99 Each + $69.99 Per BarrelVery Good - Kit $199.99 Each + $99.99 Per BarrelBright & Shiny - Kit $199.99 Each + $149.99 Per Barrel

Quantity:
    * Whole number only
    Email this page to a friend
    TO SEE A PICTURE OF THE PARTS
    INCLUDED WITH THIS KIT, CLICK HERE

•Original Yugo Manufactured
    •8mm
    •RECEIVER NOT INCLUDED!

BARREL NOT INCLUDED. TO ADD A BARREL, MAKE SELECTION ABOVE.
    Choose from:
    •Good Condition (Dark Bore) - Add $69.99 to cost of Kit
    •Very Good Condition - Add $99.99 to cost of Kit
    •Bright & Shiny - Add $149.99 to cost of Kit

Special barrel pricing only available with the purchase of a kit. Only one barrel per kit may be purchased at these special prices. To add additional barrels but no kit, see below.
    Related Products

I thought you might like to see what is selling in the USA, these have mixed WW2 parts with waffenampt stampings

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast