Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

questions about my k98..

Article about: Hey guys, I got a great deal on this jp sauer/sohn 1941 k98. Someone sporterized it long ago to go deer hunting. My questions are.. 1. Wanting to see what is original and what isnt as far as

Default questions about my k98..

Hey guys, I got a great deal on this jp sauer/sohn 1941 k98. Someone sporterized it long ago to go deer hunting. My questions are..

1. Wanting to see what is original and what isnt as far as the holes and parts attached. There obviously was a scope but it didn't come with the rifle.

2. Wanting to know if the bluing of the rifle looks original. Its in great shape! The bolt glides smooth and I can't find surface rust. Makes me wonder...

questions about my k98..questions about my k98..questions about my k98..questions about my k98..questions about my k98..questions about my k98..

Thanks again everyone!!!

Hello,

Nice looking rifle you got there! What I can tell from the pictures,

-Bolt handle is not correct

-Bolt should be blued, not 'left in the white'. Someone most likely removed the bluing on the bolt

-Barrel is orginal

-Stock appears to be sanded

-Sauer&Sohn used commercial quality bluing on their early k98's. Could be orginal bluing. Would need to see more pictures in natural light please, would not surprise me if it was reblued, common with bubba

If you could take more pictures would definitely help. Thanks!
    Last edited by Dannyjunkfish; 10-14-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Stock is a sporter. I recently bought an original stock to put on it. The bolt is stamped but doesnt match the barrel and receiver. Its definitely frankensteined. I will post more pics of the barrel and new stock I bought for it tomorrow. I hate finding rifles like this and always feel the need to rescue them for some reason. Bundled this rifle with 200 rounds of 8mm ammo and another 100 rounds of mosin for $300.. Couldn't pass it up for a pet project. I know nothing about scope mounts on these. But i'm pretty sure the alterations arent period.

Nice score on the ammo! 8mm is one of the most expensive rounds I use. Yes you are correct about the mounts, they are not period. Can't wait to see the pics! Try to get some of the entire rifle too please.

?

Nice find nonetheless... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

let me get it out of the safe..hang on guys

questions about my k98..questions about my k98..questions about my k98..

Here is a close up of the barrel.. A pic of the side mount taken off. Last but not least the new stock I bought and rear sights. Sight hood and ceaning rod are on the way.

Sporterized WW2 weapons just annoy me.. Just my opinion of course. Currently looking for a stock for my british enfied mkIII as well.

I shall name him "frankenfritz"...

Respect your effort to try and make it look more original. Bolt is gonna be a tough one. Way back these guns could be had for cheap money and turned a sporter. Believe me not anymore!! R/Cs are easily bringing $400-$500 these days. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast