Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

questions about my k98..

Article about: Hey guys, I got a great deal on this jp sauer/sohn 1941 k98. Someone sporterized it long ago to go deer hunting. My questions are.. 1. Wanting to see what is original and what isnt as far as

Frankenfritz update- Not sure why its only letting me post a quick reply, I wanted to upload a picture because frankenfritz is almost finished. Rear sight base and lower barrel band on the way in the mail. Those 2 pieces are all that is left and JP sauer 1941 SN 1206 will be reborn and no longer weep for his former glory... Damn you Bubba!!! You shall not prevail!!

questions about my k98..

There he is.. It uploaded this time

Glad you made the effort general. So many were sporterized or Bubba got hold of em it is a crying shame. No wonder untouched ones are worth way north of a grand these days. I know they could be had for cheap in the 50s or 60s but now are collector items. Most Third Reich items are worth good bucks today.

Thanks mauser. I just see it as destroying a part of history, and the original design is always better than bubba changes it to. Seems like its always some sawed off stock that they varnish themselves. Just ugly, but of course its just my opinion.

Rifle looks a little naked without the rear sight blade... and you need a sling ;-) I have a WaA proofed rear sight blade assembly and an original front sight hood if your rifle is slotted for it?

I actually have a hood I haven't put on yet. As for the sling, I'm not sure I'm going to put one on. But good to know where I can get one if I need to!

Again looks good General. Repro slings are available if ya change your mind. originals too sometimes but costly and often in poor shape. Gun Boards Form is a place you mind want to visit. The Kar 98k section has very knowledgeable folks there that can give you more info than I can. Check it out some time.

Any number of slings on eBay most of the time, a little patience and you can snag a nice one. Repro slings are for guys who don't care about the look of a brand new China made sling on a 70 yr old "restored" rifle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3