Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Questions regarding c96 broomhandle

Article about: I worked for Navy Arms many years ago when the factory was in Union City. I was doing the phones and they had tons of the 7.63 stuff . Since Val the owner passed away I think Charlie Steen f

Eva
    ?

Default Re: Questions regarding c96 broomhandle

I worked for Navy Arms many years ago when the factory was in Union City. I was doing the phones and they had tons of the 7.63 stuff . Since Val the owner passed away I think Charlie Steen from Sarco bought out all that stuff so you might give Sarco In New Jersey a jingle if you end up with the 7.63 . Can't remember if that stuff was Berdan primed and corrosive so if you do find ammo best to clean it immediately after shooting. My pop was an avid gun collector and he had a few broomhandles but they all went to a dealer to be sold when the estate was settled 20 years ago. Ya see guys even an old seamtress can talk shop with guns I remember when Val had that ammo it was dirt cheap because few people wanted it and he had pallets stacked to the ceiling of it. But try Sarco and see if they have any of it kicking about. Incidentally there is one part in the broomhandles that if you reverse it on reassemble the gun can;t come apart again without drilling a hole in it to release the top half from the lower reciever . Pop fixed a few for various people as he did smithing. Both the 9 and 7.63 had that potential problem. The other thing to remember is if you put the removable stock on it don't put your thumb on top wrapped around the stock or you'll mash your thumb when the hammer kicks back . This thread brought back distinct memories of my thumb being smashed pretty bad.

?

Default Re: Questions regarding c96 broomhandle

I'm Back!!!
    OK I looked into this and asked some questions and it seems that at one time the stock was not mentioned as being an original or reproduction to the pistol but that was corrected by the Alphabet boys(BATFE) and now it states that it must be the original german manufactured stock to be exempt from the NFA rulings. So if you want to use the repro stock you must jump through the hoops and get the pistol registered as a SBR.Here is the PDF file about C&R C96 is mentioned on page 38.
    p-5300-11-firearms-curios-or-relics-list.pdf

Semper Fi
    Phil

I used to own a Chinese C96, unmarked but all parts (outside and internally) numbered with 180 so a low serial number, think it was a toku arsenal construction.
    It was the flatside with large ring hammer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3