Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Questions regarding c96 broomhandle

Article about: I worked for Navy Arms many years ago when the factory was in Union City. I was doing the phones and they had tons of the 7.63 stuff . Since Val the owner passed away I think Charlie Steen f

Default Re: Questions regarding c96 broomhandle

The 9mm is absolutely the more desirable and the best option, in my opinion. It's ammunition is available almost anywhere you try and more reasonable priced, of course. The 7.63 is an almost obsolete round now and you may well have considerable difficulties locating it as time goes by. I've fired both and, just in my opinion, I like the 9mm better in any case. If you ever find yourself wishing to sell the broomhandle, the Red 9's always sell better also. Be sure to check out the rifling in the barrels on either piece, though, as there are many of these brooms out there that have been just about worn right out. The corrosive military ammunition sometimes used had a tendency to be Very hard on barrels.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

well after a long time of negotiating, I am bringing home this pup. It is refurbished and has repro grips, and some stamping that I am not familiar with

Questions regarding c96 broomhandle Questions regarding c96 broomhandle Questions regarding c96 broomhandle Questions regarding c96 broomhandle Questions regarding c96 broomhandleQuestions regarding c96 broomhandle

?

Can't see clearly, but possibly your piece is a conversion.
    The original Red Nine sited only gotp 450 M.
    Lots of these were imported and converted in the 80s.
    Good idea to replace the springs.
    These are old guns of am ancient design and can be problematical.

?

Nice looking M1930 !!!!The Crown U is the Oberndorf proof mark and the rear site is the site that was originally put on the 7.63x25 caliber Broomhandle's. Those are the markings and site's I have on my M1930. I have yet to hit anything with it at 1000M!!!! Very optimistic on their part!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

The pistol has been converted from 7.63mm to 9mm.. It is a 1930 stepped barrel Broomhandle and they were only in Cal. 7.63mm.... They are great shooters though....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Quote by Julekpl View Post
    Hello, here is Julekpl again. I have been offered a trade for a c96 mauser broomhandle. In fact two. I will be meeting a person the next few days in order to trade a few of my guns for his C96, which is a 7.62 caliber from 1914. The other C96 is a "red 9" 9mm with the stock. I was wondering, is it east to come by 7.62 caliber ammo for the C96? And is 9mm parabellum ammo alright to use for C96 9mm caliber? Also I have heard of these being remade by the Chinese...any things to keep an eye out for? Thanks!
    If you got the stock with the Red 9 make sure it is an original stock not a repro as it is illegal to put a repro on a C 96 IIRC. The only repro stocks that I am aware of the are legal are for the Artillery and perhaps the Navy Lugers.
    Some one chime in if i am incorrect.
    I own both the 7.63 and a Red 9. It is almost impossible to fing 7.63 Mauser ammo and as every one has said do not use the com block 7.62 if you ever get a 7.63 C 96.

Quote by samnev View Post
    If you got the stock with the Red 9 make sure it is an original stock not a repro as it is illegal to put a repro on a C 96 IIRC. The only repro stocks that I am aware of the are legal are for the Artillery and perhaps the Navy Lugers.
    Some one chime in if i am incorrect.
    I own both the 7.63 and a Red 9. It is almost impossible to fing 7.63 Mauser ammo and as every one has said do not use the com block 7.62 if you ever get a 7.63 C 96.
    Ok the owner did have the original stock, however it was not in very good condition. Plus we were trading arms, and he wanted my 1915 steyr for the stock. I had to trade off my 1967 model Winchester, my Yugoslavian k98 mauser (I was going to trade my German made k98, but I would rather keep it a secret from him) and my M1 Carabine. I will test my C96 later today, however, the owner said it has wonderful accuracy.

?

Julekpl,
    My Red 9 also shoots very well although somewhat ungainly but I still like to shoot it. A nice Mauser made stock for your C 96 runs somewhere in the $500-$600 range last I looked. In poor condition a lot less. The C 96 is great to shoot with a stock should you ever get one a capable of excellent accuracy out past 100 yards. I think you did well not to give up your 1915 Steyr for a poor condition stock.

Quote by samnev View Post
    Julekpl,
    My Red 9 also shoots very well although somewhat ungainly but I still like to shoot it. A nice Mauser made stock for your C 96 runs somewhere in the $500-$600 range last I looked. In poor condition a lot less. The C 96 is great to shoot with a stock should you ever get one a capable of excellent accuracy out past 100 yards. I think you did well not to give up your 1915 Steyr for a poor condition stock.
    Yeah, he was eyeing my steyr alright. He did own one, but he hasn't seen one in the condition I have...I fired my C96 today, and it is great I couldn't hit my targets at 1000m, however it is quite accurate. It is a wonderful feeling to own a piece of history such as this one. It'll go great with my Luger

Thank you all for the information

?

I'll have to check this out. I thought ATF ruled the a repro stocks were OK to use with certain C&R pistols....
    I'll be back!!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast