Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Radom Late Grade I Variation

Article about: I acquired this rig from a fellow member, Thank you, a good addition to the collection. This one is approximately 7,200 later than the one I poster earlier. This does not follow the descript

Quote by PRE View Post
    I'll check tomorrow and see if I can clear it up.
    I corrected both of my post due to improper information.

The radoms were produced at the Radomiu plant in Poland until the advancing Russians forced production to be moved to Steyr Werke in 1945.
    John

PRE
    ?

Rescue190,
    According to York's VIS-35 book (p.40), barrel production and final assembly of the parts was done at Steyr. Starting in 1944, further production was performed at Gusen and probably other satellite camps of Mathausen concentration camp. The increasing reach of Allied air power forced a relocation to other camps in the greater Steyr area and to Znaim in Czechoslovakia.

That's a summary, but it gets the point across.

Best,
    Pat

Thank you for taking the time to provide additional information. Great to know.
    John

PRE
    ?

Any time.
    Best,
    Pat

Nice looking pistol. I have anted one of these for a while, but I can’t find one at a price I can live with.

I have a rig with two mags for sale, Mauser202.
    Message me.

They are interesting and historied firearms.
    Great info. in the OP's thread -

Quote by PRE View Post
    Rescue190,
    According to York's VIS-35 book (p.40), barrel production and final assembly of the parts was done at Steyr. Starting in 1944, further production was performed at Gusen and probably other satellite camps of Mathausen concentration camp. The increasing reach of Allied air power forced a relocation to other camps in the greater Steyr area and to Znaim in Czechoslovakia.

That's a summary, but it gets the point across.

Best,
    Pat
    According to William York who wrote VIS Radom: A Study and Photographic Album the barrel production was moved to Styer after a weapon was captured in the hands of a resistance soldier that had been produced in the Radom plant. They then produced the gun minus the barrel and sent the gun to Steyer for final production. The VIS is one of the best made 9mm pistols ever. They seemed to have borrowed the very best of John Browning when they produced it. The barrel lock and recoil is very similar to the Hi Power and the grip and trigger mechanism is all similar to the 1911.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Radom Late Grade I Variation  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2