Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Rare Walther HP I just bought

Article about: Just purchased this Weather HP, a rare precursor to the Weather p38. It is my understanding that only 25 to 30k were made and only 20 to 30% of that number is found to have the waffenampt st

?

Great pick up buddy! Score!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

A little side note to the transaction in person. Negotiations had been going on for a couple of days and all seemed well. The seller showed up drunk as a skunk rambling on about how it was a "NAZZY" pistol and the the story in his family was it that it was taken out of "HERMAN GHETTING'S" office.. Now those of you who know me even a little know that I have a sense of humor that sometimes gets away from me.. So finding out that this was taken from HERMAN GHETTING'S office I nodded my head with the most serious look I could muster and replied "Oh yeah! He was an important guy I think. I think he was in charge of the FLUTEWAFFE... He agreed and the transaction was made... I just couldn't help myself..

?

That's a good video. I watched it when you mentioned what you had.

It does show the commercial proof marks on yours and the difference in its finish.

Senper Fi
    Phil

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Where have you been, Paul. I'm in your neck of the woods again. Sept 30th if I'm still here, its you, me, Rossi and chopperman again for the militaria show.
    I've been working 7 days a week, and taking a day off here and there to buy a few things. I just haven't had time to take any pics. I should be home then, I'll get that day off for sure! I even found the 8x56R ammo finally lol I can get it to you then.

I understand the workload, Paul. This very pistol was bought at the place I'm contracting at after hours because I couldn't get away to meet the guy anywhere else.

If only we'd been born rich instead of so damn handsome, right Darren?

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    If only we'd been born rich instead of so damn handsome, right Darren?
    This is so true. If looks could only pay the bills.

I am adding to this thread because I found a copy of the ad used by walther to try and market this gun commercially back in April 1938. If you speak German you are ahead of the game on this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3