Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

Article about: Hello. I've only been on this site once while I was looking for any pictures of guns that were suppose to have belonged to Hitler. On one of the threads a guy showed a picture of a engraved

Default Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

I do agree! One would expect a far more elaborated gun.
    I remember the personalified gun of Von Rundsted on display in our national museum.It saddly dissapeared....in ..a....private collection.
    And I can't manage to find a picture.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Was thise the picture you where looking for:
    an August Menz ; model 11A caliber 7.65 mm; engraved by Richard Schilling
    Attached Images Attached Images Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by Bryan A View Post
    I was under the impression that there is no paperwork, since 1945 on any guns. But several people I talked with said that Hitler recieved dozens of gun, mostly engraved or nickel/chrome and 24k gold.

This gun does show lots of wear and could haved been passed to maybe Himmer or goring, since they both liked custom made guns.

As far as paper work, we bombed their factories at least 3 times, there was no paper work, and if someone had paper work, if would be a fraud.
    "Buy the gun not the story" and that gun is not good.I feel sad that someone would spend money on a fraud like that.It is very poorly done.I believe documentation they refer to in the book could also come from expert collectors And vets.Here is an example of a documented pistol BROWNING HI POWER Although too expensive imho

Bryan A
    ?

hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding the tread I started, could someone explain how to find the tread I started?

I've been talking with others on other websites, They still claim that there is absolutely no way to prove 100% it's wasn't given to Hitler, although they still say he got dozens of guns, and would have been given to Hitler and only if it was plated, such as it is, and that Hitler gave several away, not taking away value. And by the way what happened to the other dozens?

but there is also no way in hell someone, anyone could say beyond a doubt that is wasn't one of the guns given to Hitler. No records exist to disprove it. And that 99% of people whom could are dead. The other thing is that after 66 years of use, notice some gold is missing on trigger and scratches could just be normal wear on a 66 year old gun that was used in a least 2 years during the war. There's also not 100% someone could prove beyond a doubt that it is. No Way Of Knowing!

So my question to you guys is to prove, beyond a doubt that there is no way this gun could not have ever given to Hilter. And how you came by that proof, other than opinion.

Becasue if this gun is or was his, $3 million doesn't seem a bad price. Since the $51 million gun was only (only) worth $10 million 12 years ago, about the time the second gun was valued at $10 Million now worth $51 million to priceless.

I also don't think that if it was given to Himmer or goring it still wouldn't be worth $3 million. I mean come on in American baseball for a while homerun hit baseballs were selling for over $3 million each time a new homerun was hit.

The selller seems to have gone through alot of testing to prove his gun is authentic. I believe the gun to be authentic # 1 serial number because of his experts and x-ray testing. That would put the University in trouble if it wasn't done right,

Someone in American or world will buy this gun and that might just add to the price of all WWII items.

Bryan A
    ?

There is also a gun that's gold plated, but worn, engraved that was insured for around $20 million about 8 to 10 years ago, in a private collection that a ivory handles with an "A H" that's back in a private collection never to been seen again.

May I ask, strictly out of curiosity, why you are defending the gun so strongly?

In my humble opinion, it does seem questionable.

Jess

hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding the tread I started, could someone explain how to find the tread I started?

I've been talking with others on other websites, They still claim that there is absolutely no way to prove 100% it's wasn't given to Hitler, although they still say he got dozens of guns, and would have been given to Hitler and only if it was plated, such as it is, and that Hitler gave several away, not taking away value. And by the way what happened to the other dozens?

but there is also no way in hell someone, anyone could say beyond a doubt that is wasn't one of the guns given to Hitler. No records exist to disprove it. And that 99% of people whom could are dead. The other thing is that after 66 years of use, notice some gold is missing on trigger and scratches could just be normal wear on a 66 year old gun that was used in a least 2 years during the war. There's also not 100% someone could prove beyond a doubt that it is. No Way Of Knowing!

So my question to you guys is to prove, beyond a doubt that there is no way this gun could not have ever given to Hilter. And how you came by that proof, other than opinion.

Becasue if this gun is or was his, $3 million doesn't seem a bad price. Since the $51 million gun was only (only) worth $10 million 12 years ago, about the time the second gun was valued at $10 Million now worth $51 million to priceless.

I also don't think that if it was given to Himmer or goring it still wouldn't be worth $3 million. I mean come on in American baseball for a while homerun hit baseballs were selling for over $3 million each time a new homerun was hit.

The selller seems to have gone through alot of testing to prove his gun is authentic. I believe the gun to be authentic # 1 serial number because of his experts and x-ray testing. That would put the University in trouble if it wasn't done right,

Someone in American or world will buy this gun and that might just add to the price of all WWII items.
    Bryan,
    I must say this is an interesting conversation.Do you collect German WWII firearms?If you do you look at each piece with extreme skepticism.There are sooooo many fakes,humpers,false stories,re finished guns etc etc.I can not give you 100% proof to back my opinion.But I am sure that this gun is a fraud and any serious collector would agree.The quality of the workmanship is terrible.This gun is not worthy of my collection,never mind Hitlers.The real question is can you proove that it is Hitlers gun or any officers gun.3 Mill ,I didn't see where they talked about price,but to me that is an ac43 variation 1 with a quetionable serial # and bad gunsmithing.I value it at 350.00.Hey the seller might be able to show you Hitlers finger print on it.I think you should buy it.
    Best wishes,
    Helmut Von Sphinctor

Bryan A
    ?

The reason I'm looking for a positive feedback is that the American websites in the US are just giving their opinion, and when asked to prove what they are saying they admit they can't, there's no way to prove it. As far as workmanship and claim it was just war time and no one took much time doing finish, and handling the gun for 66 years casused the scratches.

They claim that Hilter did in fact received all 8 #1's plus dozens of other plated and engraved guns----were are they? no one knows anything except for a very few. A gun 12 years ago that was priced at $10 milllion is now priced at 51 million to priceless, my biggest concern as a buyer is what makes the difference in a gun that was valued at $3 to$5 million 10 to 12 years not going up in price as well. Buying the gun at $3 or less, in cash, considering our stockmarkets, my not be a bad idea. But my gut tells my I need hard evidence that shows this gun is real or not. I mean this guy had it x-rayed by a Univerisity, which I'm sure cost thousands and authentications from wwII musuems. So tell me positive proof not to buy it, other than opinion. And I'm not being crude, It's just a lot of money to waste.

Dick
    ?

I was under the impression that there is no paperwork, since 1945 on any guns. But several people I talked with said that Hitler recieved dozens of gun, mostly engraved or nickel/chrome and 24k gold.

This gun does show lots of wear and could haved been passed to maybe Himmer or goring, since they both liked custom made guns.

As far as paper work, we bombed their factories at least 3 times, there was no paper work, and if someone had paper work, if would be a fraud.
    Bryan, many presentation weapons are documented, the presentation documents naturally went to the person receiving the weapon. The records of most of the factories were recovered, hence that is how we know so much about what was produced. To excuse the condition of something by saying the so called "Hitler" weapon might be worn because it could have been given to Himmler or Goring, is to say the least, unrealistic. To say any documentation on a weapon has to be a fraud, because we destroyed it all with our bombs, is just plain dumb, see above. Suggest that further time be spent on ww ll small arms weapon history, it will help you like it has other collectors, and hisorians

Bryan contact Orv Reichert and he will guide you Welcome to the P38 Web Site....
    War Relics Forum is an international site of experienced collectors,but Mr Reichert is the authority on P.38s.Please let us know what he thinks.
    Best Regards

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast