Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

Article about: Hello. I've only been on this site once while I was looking for any pictures of guns that were suppose to have belonged to Hitler. On one of the threads a guy showed a picture of a engraved

Bryan A
    ?

Default Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

Now if I could just find a site that had John Wayne's guns on them I'd be really happy,

Bryan A
    ?

Quote by jesshaedrich View Post
    May I ask, strictly out of curiosity, why you are defending the gun so strongly?

In my humble opinion, it does seem questionable.

Jess
    Because I've only seen a coulpe that were suppose to be his gun, and so many people dismiss them outright, and i'd like to see one and know for sure which ones are his. I also haven't but 2 for sell.

THIS POST IS NOT FOR BRYAN......For those of you who are curious I e-mailed Orv Reichert with the info on the P-38 in question and he said quote"this is B.S. from 30 years experience".That puts it to bed for me.

Bryan A
    ?

Well, Well, Well....Ade look at the mess I've caused after only four days on this site. I brought up a couple of websites, only one with a P38 serial #1. Four other guns that are engraved and gold that are supposed to have belonged to Hitler and I got at least 2 guys mad at me.

I think it has to do with asking someone for facts, instead of opinions. I wonder why that is such a touchy subject?

Not that I care to bring it up again, but didn't that #1 gun site, have a college educated, museum curator, author with about 30 years experience authenticating WWII items, as well?

Seems like not everyone believes the same thing, do they ever? But why get so upset?

I haven't tried to sell any guns or buy any guns on here, have I? I haven't been rude to anyone that I knew of. I just asked for facts, proof of anything.

No one has even committed on the other 4 guns I found on the internet. I also just noticed those guys haven't been on this site much longer than me.

Hi Bryan, no worries!

Here is a better, direct link, to the other site you posted. I doubt if some people found it before:

Edit International - Hitler's Treasure

This particular gun (and group) is in a totally different league to that humped up P38. It is original and has direct veteran provenance. No one would argue about this one. Value, who knows? The sky is the limit. All I know is I could not afford it

Museum curators are not collectors. Walk around almost any museum and you will see junk on display.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Bryan A View Post
    Well, Well, Well....Ade look at the mess I've caused after only four days on this site. I brought up a couple of websites, only one with a P38 serial #1. Four other guns that are engraved and gold that are supposed to have belonged to Hitler and I got at least 2 guys mad at me.

I think it has to do with asking someone for facts, instead of opinions. I wonder why that is such a touchy subject?

Not that I care to bring it up again, but didn't that #1 gun site, have a college educated, museum curator, author with about 30 years experience authenticating WWII items, as well?

Seems like not everyone believes the same thing, do they ever? But why get so upset?

I haven't tried to sell any guns or buy any guns on here, have I? I haven't been rude to anyone that I knew of. I just asked for facts, proof of anything.

No one has even committed on the other 4 guns I found on the internet. I also just noticed those guys haven't been on this site much longer than me.
    I am certainly not upset, this is very entertaining.I will give you a fact.The P.38 is a fraund,the Edit international gun is real.Prove the P.38 is real.The letter I read from "Kilroy" said the gun was wartime production-true,but could not confirm the finish and said nothing about the origin.Please show us other sites where people think the P.38 is real and not a fantasy.I have actualy been doing research,you just keep rehashing old info

Bryan A
    ?

guys since I've only been doing this for less than a week, it's all new to me. I don't claim to be an expert on WWII or anything to do with it.

Did you find the other link I tried to put up that shows the two guns together?

I don't claim to know if that ppk38 is real or not, but it seems people would have to be careful calling it a 'fake', the seller might have lawyers. And who knows it could be a real #1 serial number. Whom it belonged, who knows? I was just looking for guns linked or supposed to be linked to Hitler, I'm not trying to sell it to you. Just pointing several out.

What did you think of that gun and other items on edit internation? That was great stuff. I wonder what happened to the other bigger gun he gave away? (who knows it might have been a 38?) (that's a joke) dont' take things to seriously, I don't. If it doesn't affect me, I don't care.

?

Quote by Bryan A View Post
    Now if I could just find a site that had John Wayne's guns on them I'd be really happy,
    John Wayne's gun collection is at the Cowboy hall of fame in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA
    A World Class Museum.

Bryan A
    ?

Thank you. I saw a show from the NRA that they had a couple of his guns in D.C. too.

As far as the question from Von, I'm not trying to prove any gun is real, I just wanted facts that gun wasn't, instead of opinion. So far, no one has got proof, just opinions. I don't even have one on it.

I'm ready to move on to the other guns that were supposed to belong to Hitler. I'm not researching any of these guns. In fact, If you go back to my first question, I think I just asked if I could post links to websites that had his guns. I've posted a few, but everyones stuck on the p38.

Let us agree to move on to the other guns.....if you (any one) have links to other guns please let me know.

Thank you

Bryan A
    ?

steve thanks for the information, but I'm not paying $75 to look at the pictures. I will stop by there when I come to OKC again. there is suppose to be a US marshal museum opening in the next year part of the country. I'll stop by there too.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast