Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real Mobsters Thompson 1928

Article about: For this year Liberation Day in Italy i gave my self a fine piece of weapon history, it is probably not the same configuration used by Allies troops fighting in our country, but that vertica

?

Grip is for sale by me , im selling the tool so i will sell the grip apart because i can sell the gun with the m1a1 handle! Happy bidding!!

I think, that Thompson TS is 1928A1 ?
    Can we see a number?
    Its my SMG Tommy Guns !)
    1928a1
    m1
    m1a1

Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928

Excellent set there!

Thanks you!
    Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928Real Mobsters Thompson 1928

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Those things climb up on you if you use a long burst.
    A nice weapon. They are legal to own in the USA without a class 3 license as an antique. IF you can Find one.
    New Jersey is not in the USA

Sparklers are illegal ..Love these gangster guns..I have a well crafted Decor Model standing up in the corner of my room. Same weight and feel .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I fired one of these many years ago at a RCMP range, after going through half the drum, they turned the lights out and had me fire the rest of the drum. Best FIRE show I have ever seen.... man what a "light" show, it lit up the entire range!!!

Dean O
    Canada

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Those things climb up on you if you use a long burst.
    A nice weapon. They are legal to own in the USA without a class 3 license as an antique. IF you can Find one.
    Uhhh, no... No offense, but aside from the "nice weapon" comment, nothing in this statement is true or correct. I feel confident in saying this as a resident and citizen of the US as well as an owner of a registered Thompson submachine gun.

The TSMG is exceptionally controllable provided you hold it correctly. On to more important things though... First, there is no such thing as a "Class 3 license." Second, machine guns do have to be registered in the National Firearms Registry and Transfer Record and the possessor does have to be listed/matched up to the specific machine gun. If the gun's not in the NFRTR, or if you're not listed in the NFRTR as the owner of record you're in unlawful possession of an MG, and possibly in unlawful possession of an unregistered MG. Title II firearms (those that fall under the purview of the NFA, such as machine guns, suppressors, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, destructive devices and AOWs) require registration. Title I firearms such as your .22 rifle, Remington shotgun, or hunting rifle do not require federal registration. See 26 USC Ch53 § 5861.

If it matters, the buyer (i.e., the transferee) pays a one-time tax of $200 for the privilege of owning an MG and receives a stamped receipt that identifies the MG, the transferee and the transferor that verifies his possession and and the the fact the MG is registered. But it is not a "license" and definitely not a "class 3 license." "Class 3" refers to the special occupational tax status of someone who deals in machine guns (and other NFA devices other than Destructive Devices.)

As far as a Thompson (or any other firearm for that matter) being an "antique" the law is clear: it must be manufactured before 1899. Thompsons may be pushing a hundred years old these days, but they weren't made prior to 1899 and thus are not "antiques." See 18 USC § 921 (16).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2