MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser

Article about: Red 9 Broomhandle Model 1896/16....BILL

Beautiful setup of an awesome weapon, BILL...
    Thanks for posting, best regards, Thanos.

I am looking for a Police issue shortened and modified with fixed sight Red 9 Broomhandle stamped 1920, and Serial number 119120 it was in a Brown Larsen police holster. I sold it while in the Army at Fort Bragg in 1968...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Very nice Bill. Not seen in my area LGS in a long time. Back in the 70s I recall a dealer that had several. Not inexpensive back then either. Nice score and thanks for sharing.

?

lovely gun the Mauser 96 has to be one of the smartest looking hand guns ever

I have had a very salty "Bolo" variation of this weapon since 1958. I shows some minor battle damage and there is a shallow depression on the side of the magazine wall. The follower still works well. I think it is a "Schnell" variation Machine pistol. I have never fired it. Believe it was a battlefield pickup in WW1 by my grandfather.

beautiful

Very nice Red 9. Here's mine with case/accoutrements. They're really accurate shooters.

Default Red 9

I have always loved the Red 9, it took many years for me to actually get one and this is it. It came from Alderney, Channel Islands. I know no more about it than that, but Alderney was the only part of the British Isles to have an SS run camp on it, Lager Sylt. I have not fired it as I just don't want too, I am more than happy to dig it out once in a while and oil it.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser   Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser  

Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser   Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser  

Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser   Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser  

Red 9 Broomhandle Mauser  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2