Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed

Article about: Bought this today at the gunshow for 650.00,seller stated it was put together in the 50s with GI ww2 parts.These frames must be special,or why would a guy scrap the ww2 frame?Anyway will hav

Default Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed

Bought this today at the gunshow for 650.00,seller stated it was put together in the 50s with GI ww2 parts.These frames must be special,or why would a guy scrap the ww2 frame,maybe frames were not sold to the public?The frame would have serial numbers and be US property marked.Anyway will have to try it and see how it shoots,anyone have any info on this 45?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed   Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed  

Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed   Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed  

Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed   Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed  

MAP
    ?

From what I have read, Essex started making commercial frames in the 70's. Early ones were not too good (could crack) but later on they got much better. Whether this is true or not, I do not know. Other than that...don't know much more.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!Sounds like the seller was full of beans,anyway if it shoots good I will be happy,now need to find a rem rand frame and sell this frame!

MAP
    ?

Just what I read. If you google "Essex" frames there are a few forums that talk about them. Some people love them, others not so much, but consensus is that newer versions are good, and some of the older ones are "not so good".

Generally though, they say if you have a good frame, it'll shoot fine and for a long long time.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!Essex sure got the look right,here is an inside pic without direct sunlight on it ,cant hardly tell it from a correct rem rand.If it shoots great I think I did ok, dont want to shoot my originals.Best of both worlds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed   Rem Rand 1911a1 pickup today ESSEX frame info needed  

MAP
    ?

One guy shot 145k rounds and still counting

Nice buy, congrats !

The only difference I see in the frame is the smaller finger relief cut-outs
    on either side just behind the trigger - and possibly the mainspring
    housing, which might not be quite as 'arched'........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice buy, congrats !

The only difference I see in the frame is the smaller finger relief cut-outs
    on either side just behind the trigger - and possibly the mainspring
    housing, which might not be quite as 'arched'........
    Lanyard loop!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Another nice score Toecutter! I know Singer even made some in limited quantities for the war effort. Got to shoot a WW2 vintage 1911 years back. Did not find the recoil bad at all. One solid made pistol. Good luck and good scores with it.

?

Looks good!
    Can't wait to hear the range results.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast