Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster

Article about: Hello-this is my Remington Rand 'Colt'-made late 1944 according to it's serial number-by 1945 RR were making the least expensive, best quality war production .45 for the USA-given that they

Default Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster

Hello-this is my Remington Rand 'Colt'-made late 1944 according to it's serial number-by 1945 RR were making the least expensive, best quality war production .45 for the USA-given that they started out with no experience in pistol making and had a number of serious problems early on, making them both in volume and quality in a short period of time is a testament to American industrial and business strength-RR made almost as many of these as Colt and Ithaca combined over the 1942-45 span, some 875,000 examples. This one has been arsenal refinished as most were, often multiple times-they saw general service use with US forces until 1990 and special forces until very recently-also given as aid to many US allies postwar. Mine hasn't been shot since refinishing and as it cost a small fortune for a mass production military weapon, I won't be doing so. The holster is a Boyt made unissued example also 1944.

Dedicated to Thanos 'COLT 1911A1'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster   Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster  

Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster   Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster  

Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster   Remington Rand M1911A1.45 ACP and Boyt Holster  

These are great looking pistols and yours is a really nice example.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Cheers
    Nuno

great looking 45 you have there. Makes for a great addition to your collection.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Very nice pistol; thanks for posting.

?

Its a beauty and an icon.
    RR made a quality gun.
    The 1911 is THE combat handgun par excellance.
    Keep your dinky nines - nobody lies to a .45.

Very nice example...........and as you say RR made some of the best.................I am hoping to add a 1943 Ithaca M1911A1 to my own collection very soon........it will be a shooter and I cant wait.....love these guns.....

Great refinishing job - all the lettering is still 'crisp'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

First, let me thank you lithgow, for your dedication...It is a beauty of a gun, even in the repark/refinished cond. Bravo for an excellent buy. I'm very fond of these pistols as they bring back memories of the Summer of '74 greek-turkish crisis over Cyprus, as my father-an Army officer back then- brought his sidearm- a M1911A1- home. Don't remember the maker-i was 10 y.o., but i remember the weight of it and how solid it looked...Sweet...Sweet. Next time i got my hands on this type of a pistol was back in '88 when i was issued a Colt in about as new cond. during my Army duty. Out to 25m two-handedly, it shot in a 20cm circle, due to "new-old" WWII barrel from Flannery and a good spring.
    'Nough about my memories...Returning to your buy, excellent Boyt holster too. Best regards, Thanos.