MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Repro PPK

Article about: Hi, I picked up this replica PPK today made by MGC, it was made in the early-mid seventies in it,s box and in good working order. I thought it,s nice for an early model most replica,s i see

Default Repro PPK

Hi,
    I picked up this replica PPK today made by MGC, it was made in the early-mid seventies
    in it,s box and in good working order. I thought it,s nice for an early model most replica,s i see now of this age arnt working or just wrecked,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro PPK   Repro PPK  

?

Very nice! I remember seeing these on occasion at fairs years ago and always wanting one, Nice piece! Just out of curiosity. Was this subject to the VCR act? Cheers! Sean.

Hi Sean,
    As i know it the VCRA came in about 2007 it restricts the sale of reproduction weapons to the main public as far as the realistic weapons go, you can still buy them if you belong to a group such as a film company, theatre, museum, and reenactor,s group but you must give evidence that you belong to one of those IE insurence Certs ect. Anyone can still buy reproduction weapons but they will be coloured either Orange / Red ect, the coloures will come off as they are a film that is put on them but it,s up to you if you take it off or not. the restriction still count in respect of you cannot take them out into the street, Hope this helps.

?

Hi Panzer, Yes I thought it something along those lines. I still have some replica weapons bought prior to the VCR act being introduced. I believe if you owned them before you can still keep them but cant sell them on? Its a real shame I used to collect deacts and would substitute with replicas for the deacts I couldnt afford I sold most of them years ago. Had I known the VCR act would come in I would never have sold them on. It pains me now as well seeing some of the replica weaponry available for re-enactors etc and at what I consider very reasonable prices and I would love to buy them for displays etc but cant. Anyway again lovely piece you have there Panzer! Cheers, Sean.

Very nice , getting pretty rare . Nice find

Hi Sean.
    I collect deacs and have done for a good few yrs now mainly Enfields + other rifles, MG,s and handguns
    i think it made it bad for all of us when they brought the VCRA in as we all payed the price for the stupid guys running around with replica,s ect. i think as an associate member of a reenactor group you could buy replica,s as a collector it might be worth looking into. The only one i know you really could ask is Ade Stevenson a mod on here he is well into it as he is a member of a group, this PPK im jst going to put away, as it,s a good early one.
    Dave.

?

Hi Dave, It was indeed bad, As usual with this sort of situation the responsible people, Collectors like ourselves and re-enactors etc get in a sense punished as a result of crimes committed by a minority. I might just look into it but I think like you say you have to be a member of a re-enactment group or theater/film group. I have read somewhere before you can buy them if you are a "crown servant" but I have no real idea what that exactly entails. I would do the same its a lovely replica that will only get rarer and more valuable. The MGC replicas are in my mind the best and have always been very highly sort after, But if you want one you have to be willing to pay the price as I am sure you well know! Cheers, Sean.

?

I really feel sorry for you guys with all of those bull$hit rules you have.

Hi Steve,
    Bullshit rules thats just about right in this country they treat us like kids not thinking most on here are ex-servicemen of all types. We have used more weapons than the government twats making the rules,
    if we want to buy a replica it has to be in a very bright colour lol, What a joke.
    Dave.
    Last edited by Panzer 3; 03-24-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Bullshit rules thats just about right in this country they treat us like kids not thinking most on here are ex-servicemen of all types. We have used more weapons than the government twats making the rules,
    if we want to buy a replica it has to be in a vey bright colour lol, What a joke.
    Dave.
    Tell me about it. I'm after an SA80 bb gun to finish off a display as a good quality repro or deact is too expensive, but all I can find are bright orange or blue ones, which would kind of kill the display lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast