Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

repro scope

Article about: I can try to find you a scope here in Russia if needed. But listen to Ade.

Default Re: repro scope

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Simply because you would destroy the historical integrety of the item.

Cheers, Ade.
    making it nigh on worthless
    (any better)

tom

?

i think that "making it worthless" is a bit much,

unless you are only on the lookout for a genuine sniper rifle, i can imagine a lot of people still buying the same rifle with a retro-fitted scope on it , it just wont be over the £1000 like most snipers

i you screw about with any type of deact it makes it worthless to a collector, people buy repro scopes with rifles usually as a barganing chip to get an original cheaper (swap)

tom

Really comes down to the collector at the end of the day, personally I only go for all original and un-messed with, however maybe someone who just likes firearms wouldnt be too bothered about originality etc.

Thanks

Danny

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Simply because you would destroy the historical integrety of the item.

Cheers, Ade.
    When talking about deactivated guns, they are well and truly messed up by the deactivation process. Any historical integrity is unfortunately long gone.

Quote by happyboy View Post
    When talking about deactivated guns, they are well and truly messed up by the deactivation process. Any historical integrity is unfortunately long gone.
    old spec isn't you can still strip the weapon down, cock and dry fire

tom

Not entirely, their original function is gone which is a shame, however in my opinion they do still have historical integrity, maybe in your opinion they don't but there are plenty of people that disagree.

Thanks

Danny

That is true to an extent. But the Law is the Law, so that is that and is out of our control.

But to add a scope to a rifle by drilling holes and cutting the stock (which is not effected by being de-act) is a bridge too far for me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Yes the law is the law, and we have to abide with it no matter how nonsensical it may be. But are you making your own laws to give extra worth to an object ? To many people all they are looking for is an example that displays a certain feature that they find attractive, it makes no difference that it has holes drilled in the receiver, or if the stock has been modified, as the originals had exactly the same modifications. Makes no difference to them if it was done yesterday or 60 years ago, and why should it ? They are hardly destroying a functional gun by doing it as it has already been destroyed by deactivation.

i can see what your saying
    the thing is is someone wants a gun with a scope lets say its a svt and they buy a gun that doen't have scope rail or groves and they change it they have changed a bit of history its like the gun someone carried into battle doesn't exsist now instead a "cooler" one has been born thats obviosuly just my opinion most collectors buy a gun that hasn't been screwed with so that it is as near to the day is was taken to battle as can be.obvoiusly its the owners choice if they want to drill holes in but the vast majority of people wouldn't want to if they value the history of that gun

tom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3