Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Restored BYF 44 K98

Article about: I picked this up when it still in a hunting stock and had Lyman sights, the rifle is all metal matching except the floorplate and follower, the bore is pretty much brand new. Total investmen

Default Re: Restored BYF 44 K98

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Thats a very fine restoration job your doing there. I only wish that the firearms legislation over here was not so tough. I would really like a few old military rifles that I could use.
    Hopefully one day they'll ease up on them overthere, these are a blast to shoot

That's a nicely done job on your K98.

Dusty

Think you did a fine job. I noticed the front barrel band appears to be the milled type instead of the stamped variety. Am sure you have increased the guns value which is also nice. Have noticed the R/Cs are bringing some good prices these days. Thanks for posting.

[QUOTE=mauser9;889871]Think you did a fine job. I noticed the front barrel band appears to be the milled type instead of the stamped variety. Am sure you have increased the guns value which is also nice. Have noticed the R/Cs are bringing some good prices these days. Thanks for posting.[/QUOTE

I had a stamped band but I put it on my DOU 44 to make it correct, I read online that milled and stamped bands were being used on 44 dated rifles so I figured it'd work for now, hoping this one is a good shooer

Correct. Had a BYF 44 with a milled band but was not the H style used earlier. Good luck with yours and hop it shoots some good groups.

Totally sweet 98k! ;-)

Well Done.

Just ordered a sight blade, should be shipped on Tuesday. After that I'll do a range report

I've never put a K98 back together, but I have "salvaged" two Lee-Enfield Rifles. I hope to be able to put a few more back into their original shape sometime in the future. I love seeing things like this.
    Mark

Sight blade came in today, once I get some more 8MM I'll take it to the range. Thanks for the comments guys

George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2