Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Article about: Unbelievable that they are just throwing these things away ! Surely the guys relatives must know they have a re-sale value ??? Just doesn't make any sense....... Still....your gain !

Default Re: Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Unbelievable that they are just throwing these things away ! Surely the guys relatives must know they have a re-sale value ???

Just doesn't make any sense.......

Still....your gain !

Nice pieces all, Joe - I am stunned once again ! The older pieces look to be
    replicas of antique firearms - but who cares ? They are very nice guns
    to have simply been handed to you !

The 'ramrod' you found on the Mossberg is a magazine. These rifles load
    from the rear or side of the buttstock.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hello, everyone! Thank you so very much for the responses! Steve, thanks for the tips on the Mossberg! I pulled the thing out and thought it funny that it had a pointed end. I also noticed the notch in the side of the stock for loading... but I am a newbie to guns in general, so I was dumbfounded!

When time permits, I will take high quality pictures of everything. I am currently working part time at my family's recycling facility, working at the school when they want me/ need me, AND I am coaching the track and field team. Busy busy!

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Unbelievable that they are just throwing these things away ! Surely the guys relatives must know they have a re-sale value ???

Just doesn't make any sense.......

Still....your gain !
    You would be SHOCKED to see what people throw out. It ranges from practically brand new power tools and lawn mowers/ snow blowers, to sports equipment, furniture, bikes, toys... Last year we got unopened cases of pre prohibition liquor, an locked safe with all sorts of goodies in it... the list goes on!

The coolest things we have gotten so far (at least in my opinion) are a restaurant quality beer keg refrigerator with taps, and of course our two kittens!

Then of course there is all the militaria I keep finding!

PROTIP: If you decide to take naughty pictures of yourself or a loved one and then decide you do not want to keep them anymore... DESTROY THEM! DO NOT JUST THROW THEM OUT... our employees will find them...

?

Some very nice firearms, Joe! And at a great price to boot!

As far as firearms laws, tread carefully. I see you are from NY however am not sure if live in NYC. If yes, you will need to obtain a permit to take possession of those rifles and then will need to register them. If not, should be fine with long rifles and shotguns (barrels over 18 inches).

If you come across any handguns, you will need a permit and will have to register regardless of where in NY you live.

Before you go any further, I would suggest reading through the NRA-ILA's list of gun laws for your state. Below is the link:

NRA-ILA | New York

If there is any confusion, I would stop in a gun shop and ask them to help interpret the law. Do not, however, call a police station. They may ask you to immediately surrender them, especially if you live in NYC.

I'm not sure what the law is, however in PA, where I live, it isn't a requirement for a background check to be performed when transferring longs guns or rifles from person to person. If NY State is the same (if outside of NYC) then you have no issue.

A handgun on the other hand, a background check is a must. If you come across one, I would suggest going to an FFL (any gun shop) and asking them how to properly transfer ownership into your name. The muzzle loader in post 7 wouldn't apply as it would be classified as an antique firearm (it's probably a modern pistol, but because it does not fire rim-fire or conventional center fire ammo, it's exempt). You would however require a permit if you possess the components to make it able to be fired (powder, flint, percussion cap, etc.).

All that aside, keep us posted on what else you find!

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your concern! Luckily, I do not live in the city. I have already done some inquiring, and I'm in the clear!

Third dumpster had this!

Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

?

With chrysanthemum and all. That is an odd looking bolt design.

Thanks, Lars!

The dust cover is in place, that's why the bolt looks funky!

I still can't figure out the damn safety!

?

Ahhh, it's a dust cover. Sure looked funky to me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast