Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Article about: Unbelievable that they are just throwing these things away ! Surely the guys relatives must know they have a re-sale value ??? Just doesn't make any sense....... Still....your gain !

Default Re: Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Some very nice firearms, Joe! And at a great price to boot!

As far as firearms laws, tread carefully. I see you are from NY however am not sure if live in NYC. If yes, you will need to obtain a permit to take possession of those rifles and then will need to register them. If not, should be fine with long rifles and shotguns (barrels over 18 inches).

If you come across any handguns, you will need a permit and will have to register regardless of where in NY you live.

Before you go any further, I would suggest reading through the NRA-ILA's list of gun laws for your state. Below is the link:

NRA-ILA | New York

If there is any confusion, I would stop in a gun shop and ask them to help interpret the law. Do not, however, call a police station. They may ask you to immediately surrender them, especially if you live in NYC.

I'm not sure what the law is, however in PA, where I live, it isn't a requirement for a background check to be performed when transferring longs guns or rifles from person to person. If NY State is the same (if outside of NYC) then you have no issue.

A handgun on the other hand, a background check is a must. If you come across one, I would suggest going to an FFL (any gun shop) and asking them how to properly transfer ownership into your name. The muzzle loader in post 7 wouldn't apply as it would be classified as an antique firearm (it's probably a modern pistol, but because it does not fire rim-fire or conventional center fire ammo, it's exempt). You would however require a permit if you possess the components to make it able to be fired (powder, flint, percussion cap, etc.).

All that aside, keep us posted on what else you find!
    OR, you can stop plastering photos of the guns on the internet and no one knows you have them! LOL

You are the luckiest guy I know nice finds!!!

Gaaakk......! This is killing me.....

I am going to sell the house, the wife and kids, move to NY State
    and buy a recycling business !

Lol, Joe, if I lived near you, you would already have enough
    dough from my purchases to be married several
    times over !

Can't wait to see the fourth bin.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

This last Japanese rifle is the nicest of all of them. It looks like a early model to me. The later ones were built like crap, No detail and real rough. BTW I just bought all of the remaining parts I needed to complete my traning rifle from a grade school in Nagasaki. they should be here in a day or two. I'll post pictures when I get it all together. I actually spoke to the gentleman I referred to you previously last Saturday at the gun show. He had everything I needed and more.

Burt

Hi guys, here is the problem I am having with the Type 38. Seems like whoever owned it incorrectly installed the bolt. In the pictures to follow, the red circle highlights a knob... that should be where the green arrow is pointing. I don't know how the hell the person did it... when I try to work the bolt handle, that knob hits the receiver and it won't allow me to rotate the bolt more than 5degrees. Without being able to rotate the bolt, I can't remove the bolt.

I can't seem to fix it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!  

Here's the picture I meant to post:

Rifles FOUND IN GARBAGE!

I would make that lovely Arisaka a display rifle. Lucky...

Can you unscrew the rear cocking piece and remove it ?
    I agree - small projection to the left should be
    in that groove.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Can you unscrew the rear cocking piece and remove it ?
    I agree - small projection to the left should be
    in that groove.........
    That's the problem... the rear cocking piece has that small projection on it and it's preventing me from rotating it enough to unscrew/ remove it!

I wonder if this was done intentionally to keep it from functioning ?
    Someone with the know-how will tell you how to fix it.

If it has been assembled incorrectly, it should not be
    too hard to put it right again.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast