Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Roth-Steyr 1907

Article about: My last buy gents. Haven't bought anything for a while. I just wasn't able to pass by on this one. One very impressive piece. I have a kind filling that it's a rifle modified into pistol tho

?

Default Roth-Steyr 1907

My last buy gents. Haven't bought anything for a while. I just wasn't able to pass by on this one.

One very impressive piece. I have a kind filling that it's a rifle modified into pistol tho

In any case fist ever military semi-auto pistol. Enjoy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Roth-Steyr 1907   Roth-Steyr 1907  

Roth-Steyr 1907   Roth-Steyr 1907  

Roth-Steyr 1907  

Default Re: Roth-Steyr 1907

Hi ph3s,, for sure this is an extraordinary item. What year would you place on this pistol? I am not a gun expert,,and all i know of an early semi auto pistol is the 1911 45.cal ACP. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I used to think the same I could have had bet on that. But couple of weeks ago I realised I was a little wrong
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roth-Steyr_M1907

I do remember that 1911 was issued to U.S.M.C. in 1912

?

Nice handgun. Congrats.

As for early autos; lest we forget - the COLT 1900 & the COLT 1902

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_M1902

?

This gun and parts of it you can find often in my home country, its a nice one with an interesting system
    which is still used in modern guns. The ammo is not so easy to find

On the right grip there is a disk around the screw. There you can find maybe unit markings which makes the gun
    much more interesting

Nice piece of austrian hungarian history

?

No there is no unit markings on the disk. About it is being the first, let me rephrase: It's the first ever officially adopted by a large army such as Austro-Hungarian. Colts were issued to particular units and adopted by the US Army in 1911. 3 years later.

The gun indeed has very interesting system, my fav is the rotating barrel.

Very nice Roth Steyr.. Look under the Cocking Knob for the date... They were made at Steyr in Austria and in Budapest Hungary.... Very odd ammo for this one a straight cased 8mm Round,, 8mm Steyr..BILL

Here is the link to mine....BILL

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...7-pistol-1996/
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

It's Budapest made in 1911

?

Fiochi still produces the 8mm Roth Steyr rounds if i am not mistaken

As ph3s is in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, ammo availability would be a moot point...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast