Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?

Article about: Greetings everyone, Annoyed from this ads?   I picked up this scope at an auction for very cheap, and I just want some opinions on whether or not it's original. The date and manufacture

RZM
    ?

Default Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?

Greetings everyone,

I picked up this scope at an auction for very cheap, and I just want some opinions on whether or not it's original. The date and manufacturers mark are upside down if the scope is mounted, but the serial number is not. The center tube appears to be a slight plum color. There are some spots of what looks like old pitting. I have had differing opinions on it's originality, so I figure this would be a good place to ask. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?   Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?  

Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?   Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?  

Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?   Russian PEM Sniper Scope, Real or Repro?  

I'm no expert on the Russian scopes, but from what I've seen this looks to be an original, although heavily refinished and reblued! Most likely to cover the pitting etc that you can still see peeking through

I lean towards it being good too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Scope is original, but somebody upadeted him by removing ring at the front side of the tube and reblued it

Some of the Mosins and SVT rifles have a purple tint to the bluing. May be a refurbished original.

RZM
    ?

Thank you for the responses. I was actually thinking that it was refurbished at some point. I was also wondering about the ring. It doesn't appear to have been milled off, though. I'm curious as to why someone would remove it. Maybe that piece was replaced? Who knows!

This is an original 100%. But there is NO RING missing at the front side. There is ANOTHER model that has a ring like the one that user 163225 mentions. This is the SECOND MODEL Mosin nagant scope. The first model has the ring. I have one scope EXAXTLY like this and my buddy has another one, the same. NO rings!

?

I don't like the 1939 date. It appears engraved and the "pitting" looks more to be from a bad weld job after it was ground and built up to restamp . Just my humble opinion for what it's worth.