Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.

Article about: Well I was asked and here it is my Nazi Sauer Model 38H and an Ortgies 25 ACP with holster. The history for those of you that didn't follow my thread on the HSC and PP. is as follows. I have

Default Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.

Well I was asked and here it is my Nazi Sauer Model 38H and an Ortgies 25 ACP with holster.
    The history for those of you that didn't follow my thread on the HSC and PP. is as follows.
    I have one Sauer H38 in my collection with the holster and both magazines. It is middle war production.I picked the sauer 38H up from a vet that lives south of me some years back. He told me that it along with many other firearms were laying by a road. His unit just captured a German medical unit that was unarmed at the time. He stated that if German medical units were captured with weapons they would go to POW camps and if they weren't they would be put to work in POW field hospitals to take care of their wounded. He thinks they ditched all their firearms before Surrendering. Makes Sense to me. The Germans were up on these things, I think.
    The Ortgies 25 ACP was brought in about a month ago from the grandson of the Vet that brought it home. I have no history on this one. Except I did buy it and it is home in my War room. The holster is interesting. As you can see.
    Thanks,[ATTACH=CONFIG]indexOf[/ATTACH]Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Re: Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.

I Like the little Ortgies-it's a beauty and a Champ! Great holster as well! Excellent Sauer, as well! Great finds!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Sauer H38 and Another pistol that walked into the gun shop a month ago.

Thanks for posting the 38H - its a beauty.
    The decocking AND cocking mechanism of this gun was unique (and still is for that matter).
    This might not have the sexy lines or be as sought after as the PPK, but its my absolute favourite German 'pocket gun' of that era.
    Would you mind posting the serial number - you can black out one or more digits?
    Thanks for responding to the request for pics.

The SR# is in one of the photos. With one of the proof marks. I was offered one the other day. It was late war. No Holster. he wanted way too much for it.
    Thanks,
    John

Quote by Scout View Post
    Thanks for posting the 38H - its a beauty.
    The decocking AND cocking mechanism of this gun was unique (and still is for that matter).
    This might not have the sexy lines or be as sought after as the PPK, but its my absolute favourite German 'pocket gun' of that era.
    Would you mind posting the serial number - you can black out one or more digits?
    Thanks for responding to the request for pics.

Nice pistols and i like the little Luftwaffe eagle on the holster!...

Thanks Guys for the kind words. The little eagle looks like it was put on During the war. A lot of the guys would find things and add them to holsters.( Our GI'S). It may be what the officer that had this had on his uniform. Who knows. I do think it is orginal. Too good a detail on the eagle to be a fake.
    Just my opinion.

John

?

Very nice pistols indeed.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very nice pistols indeed.

Regards, Lars
    Ditto, great finds.