Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this seller lying?

Article about: There are is a guy who has posted 4 ads for an M1 Carbine he is selling, all of them have listed a different price. And in the ad he posted recently, he tells this story: "Very nice dea

Default Is this seller lying?

There are is a guy who has posted 4 ads for an M1 Carbine he is selling, all of them have listed a different price. And in the ad he posted recently, he tells this story:

"Very nice deactivated U.S Carabin for sale.
    With sling and magazine-pouch in leather.
    The weapon is very pretty, used by newly deceased armyman who has had it for his entire career in the Norwegian Army, and has at the Army's over-command at Huseby on Røa i Oslo. Was an active resistance-man during the war.
    He participated in the fighting of Vinjesvingen in 1940
    He did his job with illegal work during the war."

Now, the things to look at IMO is this: The Carbine is obviously Post-War, with the Bayonet lug(Or whatever you call it) and the Adjustable sights, and is that pouch even military? And he has posted 3 other ads where says nothing but how much he wants for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this seller lying?   Is this seller lying?  

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Is this seller lying?

Buy the item and not the story when it comes to thinks like this, if theres no way that he's able to prove the story personally I would'nt trust him by basicly taking his word for it. A lot of sellers will try to do this, simply to give justification for a sometimes crazy price. If this is a post war weapon, I think that you should tell him and see what he says, could get quite a laugh out of this guy because clearly he has no idea what hes on about

Thanks

Danny

?

Same opinion here. So many sellers make stories to coulour their offers, try to blind the buyer or better lure them to by an illusion and not the struff. I have myself sold, bought, seen, handled, forged, repaired - you name it so many articles and visited so many european countries that all this is not new to me. Keep your hears shut and buy what you see and think how would I forge it . Unfortunately this is as it is to day. Exspecially with Parabellums-pistols and german ( btw. nazi-party did not have army so it is not the nazi-army but german) nearly all german collectables.

?

No it doesnt look military and it doesnt look leather either!

Well, i am not going to buy the weapon, i already have one(And i am really proud of it). I just thought i should check what you guys say before i send an email to him.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway