Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Semi-Kriegs Mauser 98k Sniper Rifle

Article about: Revisiting this 'L' block semikreigs model 98k 'TURRET' Sniper Rifle...Enjoy BILL http://warrelics.eu/forum/firearms-o...per-rifle.html

Default Semi-Kriegs Mauser 98k Sniper Rifle

Revisiting this 'L' block semikreigs model 98k 'TURRET' Sniper Rifle...Enjoy BILL

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...per-rifle.html
    Attached Images Attached Images Semi-Kriegs Mauser 98k Sniper Rifle 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

ditch68
    ?

Default re: Semi-Kriegs Mauser 98k Sniper Rifle

Bill,

Thanks for posting. One of my favorite rifles, I have seen it before. I'll have to post some stuff also.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Thanks for the picture Bill, I have a similar set-up, but with a different scope.I was recently informed by an "EXPERT" that as a late rifle the scope/rifle combination was wrong and that this type of mount was only fitted to early war rifles.I would welcome your view on this.Thanks.

Quote by phoenix View Post
    Thanks for the picture Bill, I have a similar set-up, but with a different scope.I was recently informed by an "EXPERT" that as a late rifle the scope/rifle combination was wrong and that this type of mount was only fitted to early war rifles.I would welcome your view on this.Thanks.
    ' High Turret" Type of Mounts were used up till the end of the war, 'Low Turret' mounting system was used early in the war......BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 12-08-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Bill, can you explain the difference between the High and Low turret mounts?Thanks J

Quote by Von Sphinctor View Post
    Bill, can you explain the difference between the High and Low turret mounts?Thanks J
    The differences between the LOW and HIGH Turret Mounts are in the Height of the Front 'TURRET" mount.. Here is a picture from Richard Law's book 'SNIPER VARIATIONS' showing the difference between the two...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Semi-Kriegs Mauser 98k Sniper Rifle