Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***

Article about: Here's another addition to my collection... This one is an SMLE No1 Mk1*** with almost matching numbers. The rifle is an Enfield 1906 dated converted Mk1. All the woodwork is totally origina

Default Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***

Here's another addition to my collection... This one is an SMLE No1 Mk1*** with almost matching numbers.

The rifle is an Enfield 1906 dated converted Mk1. All the woodwork is totally original to the rifle - with period modifications when upgraded to charger bridge loading to bring it up to Mk111 specification. The charger bridge has more defined edges than the Mk111, and it will be noted that the left side of the bridge travels further down over the receiver. The right side of the receiver still has the 'bulge' which was the stop for the floating charger head affixed to the bolt head. The volley sights are original to the rifle. Numbers are matching to receiver, fore stock, and nose cap. The bolt is more or less in the same serial number range although different (T55499). The rifle at some time in its career was downgraded to EY - 'emergency use only', although some of the 'EY' rifles were also used for grenade launching. The rifle eventually ended up as a DP gun. But it seems almost certain that this rifle, at some point in its career, has been fired in anger. because of the deactivation work it is p0ssible to see what is left of the rifling. Its almost a smoothbore!

Cheers,
    Steve.Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***Short, Magazine, Lee Enfield No1 Mk1***

Good example of a much travelled rifle!

Classic rifle mate and it must have shot a hell of a lot of rounds if the rifling is nearly gone!....

Very nice thanks for posting it

nice one Harry.

Thumbs up

Nice rifle - I like the patina of age very much !

Hi Steve
    Very nice early rifle in great condition im envious mate lol well done.
    Dave.

Hi Dave,

I picked up another today. I had a choice of three MK111*. The butt disc on one was marked to the Manchester's.

Iconic Rifle, I have been collecting these for 40yrs ..yours is lovely, these look so good battle scared and worn, it gives them character

MAP
    ?

Nice. I gotta get me one of these. I only have a US made Savage Lend Lease version.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)