MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Small Arms Display

Article about: Hi everyone I thought it would be fun to get all my guns together for a single photograph. As I am in The U.K. they are all deactivated. Any comments welcome. Doug

Love your attention to detail also with the slings

Thanks for your question, UK deactivation work is thorough. Bolt action rifles have to have the barrel and chamber slotted and some guns have a steel rod put down the barrel. The end of the bolt face and firing pin is cut off. This does mean they have fully working actions. Most assault rifles and SMG's have even more work done to them, depending when they were deactivated. The Port Said SMG and the Degtyaryov LMG have fully moving parts, the STEN, PPS43 and PPSH 41 and M1 carbine have largely moving actions, but the AKM and Thompson, being recently deactivated, are welded solid. Thats the only way we can have them now, which is not satisfactory but its not going to change. Pistols and revolvers have rather less work done to them and have fully moving actions. Its very rare for anyone to successfully reactivate a properly deactivated weapon- the British National Ballistic Intelligence Association says there is almost no risk to the public from criminals reactivating weapons, yet anti gun sentiment in Europe is so strong that deactivated weapons are constantly under threat.

Wealth of information. I suppose one could perhaps rebarrel them. My in-laws are British and European gun laws stink. I wonder if it actually reduced violence or is just a jab at controlling the citizens.

?

Quote by JerryB52 View Post
    Wealth of information. I suppose one could perhaps rebarrel them. My in-laws are British and European gun laws stink. I wonder if it actually reduced violence or is just a jab at controlling the citizens.
    well look at Canada, our guns laws are almost on par with the states yet our crime rate with guns is only a fraction of a percent of theirs. Personally I think gun control comes down to how we teach the coming generations, and not from super strict regulations. Like the old saying goes guns dont kill people, people kill people. anyways thats a whole nother topic. PS. i think the conceal and carry is useless, why should citizens need to arm themselfs in a free country... thats just my two cents for the day.

?

hey Doug, what year and make are the enfields? the mkIII is perhaps one of my favorite bolt actions out there.

Hello, thanks for your question. The top Lee Enfield is an Indian factory rebuild, dated 1949, made with a mixture of 30's and 40's dated components. The middle one is Enfield, 1917 and the no.4 is made by Savage and undated.

A nice collection Doug. I particularly like the SMLE's. I dare say that you have noticed yourself, but the top one has the earlier style trigger guard/magazine housing, and the bottom one I would assume because of its date, is a Mk111*. This model wouldn't have had the cut-off fitted during the Great War. Although the slot for the plate was still cut into some of the receivers, the plate was done away with - and apparently re-fitted to some rifles during the inter-war years.

?

Very nice, i myself have a 1917 BSA mkIII* and a 1945 Longbranch no.4, both are very attractive rifles and fun to shoot as well.

Blimey Doug you into the small arms race Lol,that's a seriously fantastic set of deact-weapons you've got there.thanks for sharing as i've said before your photo shoots are top draw..............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2