Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver

Article about: Hello-this is the first thread in the forum that I have started-attached are photos of the only civilian weapon in my collection-S & W .32 Long 3rd model hand ejector revolver, made in t

Default Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver

Hello-this is the first thread in the forum that I have started-attached are photos of the only civilian weapon in my collection-S & W .32 Long 3rd model hand ejector revolver, made in the early 1930s and never fired. These were made from 1917 to 1942 when civilian weapon production ceased with US entry into the war. They were popular self defence guns over the period which included Prohibition and the Great Depression-a relatively lawless period in parts of the US (think John Dillinger, Bonnie and Clyde, Al Capone etc)-related models were widely used by US police forces as detective/concealed pistols and were sometimes used as 'take along' emergency guns by soldiers during the war who wanted a small, reliable and fairly hard hitting backup pistol.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver   Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver  

Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver   Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver  

?

Default Re: Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver

Lithgow nice little revolver. How do you know that it has never been fired ? Gary

Perhaps not entirely clear from photos but the pistol is in pristine condition-was for many years in a collection in the east of Australia-I bought it because it's such a gem example of the high quality S & W product.
    Last edited by lithgow; 05-06-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Nice example. S&W makes beautiful firearms.

Neat revolver Lithgow.
    Thank you for showing us the pictures.

What a gorgeous S&W !

It really is in great condition. I love the wood grips !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Perhaps not entirely clear from photos but the pistol is in pristine condition-was for many years in a collection in the east of Australia-Ibought it because it's such a gem example of the high quality S & W product.
    Judging from the photo's, you have one very nice revolver! And looks to be in pristine shape as you state. I sincerely hope it's not one of those dewatts. That would be terrible. Very nice indeed. Ron

No Ron, it's not deactivated-unlike Britain it's possible to collect live weapons incl pistols here in Oz.

?

What a beauty! Thanks for sharing her with us!

bump- Vintage S&W .32 Long revolver ammo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Smith & Wesson .32 3rd model hand ejector revolver  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast