Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SMLE Opinions

Article about: by KriegMann Well, I guess I'll ask a question that I think I know the answer to. Are they deacts? Yes mate they are

Default Re: SMLE Opinions

Last ones
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMLE Opinions   SMLE Opinions  

SMLE Opinions  
    Ben

Ben did you take them from a Cretan?They are great Rifles!

No but I wish lol
    Ben

Go for the first one, the second one although is ex New Zealand, has been messed with, the wood is much later Enfield wood added quite recently and the nose cap is a Indian nose cap, it would take some money to return it to its original state.

Cheers Bobby, thanks for the heads up
    Ben

Gents, can I get an opinion of this one also, 1918 SMLE made by BSA

Cheers again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMLE Opinions   SMLE Opinions  

SMLE Opinions  
    Ben

The wood is a recent replacement but at least it fits better, the nose cap is also later, possibly RFI again, the screw going left to right would have a small counter sunk head rather than the large flat head screw. Also the cocking piece on the bolt is from a No.4 Enfield so I'd imagine the firing pin is too. It all depends on what you want, a new looking rifle with new wood, but not correct in originality or a nice used piece with lots of originality?

Cheers Bobby, I am buying the first one
    Ben

In my opinion, the first is the best! I've seen it for sale in the same place you have and it will appreciate better than the other 2. Incidentally, the second rifle had a mismatched commercial bolt and afaik, the only SMLEs with the BSA piled arms logo were commercial guns except for early 1940 dated SMLEs which were assembled in a hurry from any parts they could get their hands on.

Well, I guess I'll ask a question that I think I know the answer to. Are they deacts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast