Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?

Article about: Any idea on a place of manufacture for these? The stud is brass, and I don't know if that automatically rules out Third Reich manufacture? At any rate they smell very old and refreshingly do

Default Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?

Any idea on a place of manufacture for these? The stud is brass, and I don't know if that automatically rules out Third Reich manufacture? At any rate they smell very old and refreshingly do not have bogus stamps on them...

The one I have taken the side picture of has a pointier stud than the others, and is marked BK in a circle in the back which could help to ID it. The others don't have the stamp and the stud is the more common flat ball, but as I mentioned, brass.

Obviously made for the German issue style 98k stock cutout, and obviously lingering somewhere for a long time.

Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?

Hello,

You are right to link the brass with post war manufacture.
    The BK in a circle seals the deal, they are post war Yugo.

Jonathan.

Thx ;-)

I did just dig up this info on the BK factory;

Notice the "BK" markings above.* BK, Boiuno Kraguyevac (or as close an approximation as you can get using the English alphabet) which means Kraguyevac Arsenal.* The factory that was hit by Cruise Missles in 1999 was Zavodi Crvena Zastava. Same factory that once made the Yugo car.* It is in the same town as the ordnance factories Preduzece 44 and Vojno Technichiki Zavod (this is probably the BT marking also seen on some Yugo stocks). Guess what town all this is in? Kraguyevac. The whole town must be one big complex of ordnance factories.
    Yugoslavian K98 Sling

The above paragraph is slightly confusing, but if the Yuogoslavs made and used the Preduzece 44 in 1944, then there's maybe a chance these are actual wartime for that rifle?

If you've ever been next to a Yugo Mauser at the range, OUCH!!! Keep your ears covered, these things have a report like a small canon!

SRB
    ?

BK is written in Cyrillic and it is a reviewed and approved by military commission,like WaA on german weapons.

Preduzece 44 is just name (code) for factory and that is after war name(pre-war is AT3 or BT3).

Any idea on the two keepers that are not marked, the studs are the more usual flattened ball shape, otherwise construction seems pretty similar. Any chances these are Yugo also, but not marked?

PRE
    ?

As SRB noted, 'BK' is the Cyrillic abbreviation for 'Voina Kontrolla,' or Military Control and was an inspection marking. These are 100% post-war copies of the K98k sling. Preducece 44 is probably the most commonly encountered code on rifles that were refurbished in post-war Yugoslavia. Some others were Zabod 44, Radionica 145, Radionica 124, V.R. 69, TRZ-5, et al.

Pat

SRB
    ?

can be..... no BK or VK like as my,only numbers 42 and 49Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?Some very old Mauser K98k sling keepers, one marked BK in a circle? Mauser 98k Sling Experts?
    Last edited by SRB; 01-25-2016 at 11:06 PM.