Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

some ww2 rifles

Article about: hi you also know that Johnson also work with stoner on the AR , if you see the bolt on a Johnson and the bolt of an AR there very close. also Johnson took a carbine and sleeve the barrel, to

?

Default Re: some ww2 rifles

hi
    you also know that Johnson also work with stoner on the AR , if you see the bolt on a Johnson and the bolt of an AR there very close. also Johnson took a carbine and sleeve the barrel, to 224 I think he call it a spitfire. also nice LMG Terry THAT MUST BE FUN , I can't wait to move from the land of no (N Y )
    Last edited by rap57; 06-13-2013 at 01:50 AM.

?

Just thought I would post a photo or 2 of my Johnson 1941 LMG. You can see how ungainly the 25 round magazine makes the weapon. Especially when loaded with 25 rounds of 30-06 in a single stack magazine. The magazine can also be loaded with 5 round stripper clips while in the weapon just like the rifle. In the top photo the magazine is not in the LMG One other feature that is weird. It fires in semi from a closed bolt. So if you want to go from semi to full which fires from an open bolt it ejects the loaded round that was loaded in the semi mode.

Awesome pics, Samnev, very nice!

I always found the Johnson LMG a particularly interesting piece.

Pit.

?

still a cool piece . Are you on the Johnson forum . I think you have a couple of machine guns in another post . if that's you . I've look at so much stuff on this forum my brain is in overload .
    Bob

?

Quote by rap57 View Post
    still a cool piece . Are you on the Johnson forum . I think you have a couple of machine guns in another post . if that's you . I've look at so much stuff on this forum my brain is in overload .
    Bob
    Bob,
    Yes I am on the Johnson Forum but have not posted photos there. I have posted quite afew photos here how ever of a number of my Class III and other weapons. There are others here who have just as many great weapons posted as well that I wish I had. Bill Gist? For one as well as others.

?

Samnev
    I saw those picture very nIce class III collection .I can't wait to move , I need a WW2 BAR and a Thompson for my collection .
    Thanks Bob

?

Quote by rap57 View Post
    Samnev
    I saw those picture very nIce class III collection .I can't wait to move , I need a WW2 BAR and a Thompson for my collection .
    Thanks Bob
    Bob,
    I have a Colt 21/28 that I love and a BAR. If I might offer a suggestion for almost the same money you can get a BREN Gun which is a much better LMG than the BAR IMO. I haven't shot my BAR in 8 years but always shoot the BREN. Easy to change the barrel and has a recoil dampening system that reduces the recoil to at least half of that of the BAR.
    Sam

?

Hi Sammev
    I had to look up the bren gun ,that cool is that a 303 rnd . and the colt 21/28 that a THOMPSON . I wanted the BAR just to go with collection of ww2 stuff . I don't think I can buy anything till I move . but that's a good thing . I can start saving $00000 you think that's enough zero. ha
    Bob

?

Hi Bob,
    Yes I think that is enough zero's. There was also a Bren made in 8mm by Inglis. My Bren is an Inglis MkI* in 303. I started collecting 303 brass long before I got the Bren. You can load the 303 with 308 surplus US 30 caliber bullets rather than spend the coin on 311 bullets. All you need to do is change the expander ball on the 303 die from 311 to 308. I've been doing that ever since I got my first SMLE 303 many years ago. Surplus 303 is virtually non existent and commercial ammo is to expensive. GI 308 bullets is more than adequate for shooting the Bren.
    Good luck in your search and savings plan. Once you shot a Bren you will never want to shoot a BAR. That's why I haven't shoot my BAR in ages.
    Sam

?

some ww2 riflessome ww2 riflessome ww2 riflessome ww2 riflessome ww2 riflessome ww2 riflessome ww2 riflesHi
    New pictures 1941

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3